Clavier what’s your beef with the wheel?

Sleeves have you seen the wheel base specs?
16 inch sucks limited choices. No excuse avon cobra chrome comes in 240/40/18.

Also with their set up at no time will the front axle be at the same height as the rear or lower, unless you change to a exedra max and either go with a 140/75 or a 150/70 .

Also with their set up at no time will the front axle be at the same height as the rear or lower, unless you change to a exedra max and either go with a 140/75 or a 150/70 .

This, exactly. 17" is where all the best tires live.

I'm just disappointed that Triumph isn't taking the performance aspects seriously.

The ECU locking they've been doing on recent models is going to be a major issue as well.

I think I will withdraw my down payment. You guys make some great points about the direction that Triumph is going. I had originally looked at the TFC as a legitimate Custom build and was thinking that they were doing what Harley should have done to their custom line. I am glad I found this place. The Harley guys were even swooning over that TFC and I was really hoping to find a custom cruiser that would last me a long time. Only the Rocket fans would know best if this thing was not worth a second look and the poor quality, and lack of value seem to be the common consensus here. If everyone on a Rocket forum shuns this thing, certainly a transitioning Harley rider would only find disappointment. Thanks all!

I think they are shunning the price. No one has ridden it yet. I'm curious as to why they went the trans they did. Planetary gear set I believe

I think they are shunning the price. No one has ridden it yet. I'm curious as to why they went the trans they did. Planetary gear set I believe
Not planetary but helical gears verses the spur gears we have. Its probably still or even seems more a constant mesh then ours.

Looks like it comes with Avon Cobra Chromes on it. I like that don't you?.

Having bought my Roadster last summer I was sort of annoyed that the new Rocket was announced right after. Then I saw some pictures and was relieved that it didn't look anywhere near as good, saw some specs and was happy that it wasn't much of an improvement and certainly not out of reach of a modded original. Finally they released the price and I just chuckled...

The Cobra Chromes seem to be great street tires, like the Cobras before them.

In 17" tires there are tire options that are longer lasting and have better grip for 1/2 the cost, and if you spend the same money, your into the the best tires in existence territory, essentially Moto GP tires with minimal voids and DOT labeling.

I like the TFC as a bike in isolation a lot. I just find the wide gulf between potential and reality frustrating. I'd prefer they're added 5k to the price and delivered with 17 wheels, ohlins, and 200+whp from the factory.

Back