You don't think that top box is factory do ya?
Triumph-Rocket-III-2020-Erlkoenig-bigMobileWide2x-2db0af7b-1612649.jpg
Triumph-Rocket-III-2020-Erlkoenig-bigMobileWide2x-d8a712e8-1612650.jpg
It is just one of the many attractive and practical factory accessories. My back gets sore just looking at the riding position.

Yep sure is factory - Chinese for sure via Amazon.;):D

Yeah. While it was fitted by the factory R&D but i don't think it would be a production accessory. Or maybe it contains pain relieving gel for that riding position :)

One thing I did think (maybe a bit conspiracy theorist) do you think the R&D team for the new R3 look at this forum? I mean if i am designing a product, I'd keep a quiet eye on the main websites that are the owners discussion sites for my product or at least have a quick look to get an idea of temperature for my new product. So if you're reading Triumph R&D, 17" rear wheel would be sweet :)

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I did think (maybe a bit conspiracy theorist) do you think the R&D team for the new R3 look at this forum? I mean if i am designing a product, I'd keep a quiet eye on the main websites that are the owners discussion sites for my product or at least have a quick look to get an idea of temperature for my new product. So if you're reading Triumph R&D, 17" rear wheel would be sweet :)

I spent ten years in Research and Development Engineering, whilst we were at the cutting edge of technology in what we were doing, I always looked at what any one else was doing, it may have been just a simple idea that I picked up, but it moved my work forward.

I spent ten years in Research and Development Engineering, whilst we were at the cutting edge of technology in what we were doing, I always looked at what any one else was doing, it may have been just a simple idea that I picked up, but it moved my work forward.
There we may have identified the problem. Seems they were looking down alphabetically - and stopped at "D".

It makes me wonder if this wasn't a Corporate thing, you know, the "we at Triumph are better than those at Ducati"
They picked on the Ducati as an example of "we can one up you" because the Duke is something !

Who knows.

Why build a bike that creates back pain from a poor riding position? It just doesn’t make sense to do something like that.:(

Back