Compare to this, they're basically the same size, but have different visual impact. The new aesthetic does look great on the move, so much more modern!!

Notice butt position straight above front of back tire stays the same feet similar, bars lower and forward, all will contribute to a sportier feel. 3rd pic added to show how a gen 1 vs gen 2 look with similar bars, incredibly similar position.
Given that most captains bring bars up and back, I'd expect the new position to over very poorly with adopters of the new bike. I know first hand that bars low and forward on an R3 will severely stress the lower back in a short time because unlike a sportbike support via knee pressure is nearly impossible, though, that may be corrected with the new tank shape.
download (2).jpeg

85839_4ceb16f4fffb36297ebb09638a9013bc.jpeg

Ttriumph_Rocket_Cafe_Racer_0850-1.jpg
What’s going on under the radiator, I gotta say I think it’s hot looking especially for you guys that ride fast and hard

As much as I completely believe you guys about what he said, and I am not discounting his credentials, analysis of images simply says the wheel base is not 300mm shorter, I am 100% certain of it.

The overall bike maybe 300mm shorter, but there's no way in high hell they would release a Rocket 3 with the wheelbase of a Yamaha R6/Daytona 675.
Wheelbase.jpg

I suppose I should add that it's a good thing they didn't go crazy reducing the wheelbase of the new rocket. While a slight decrease in wheelbase and a slight decrease in trail will improve handling going all the way down mid 50s inches would make the bike extremely unpleasant to ride and basically ruin any sort of stability. The dimensions they ended up with are very close to what I ended up with by lifting the back of the motorcycle almost 2 in inches and lowering the front about 1.2 inches as many have done with longer shocks and a 140/75. The new bike will have more trail than the aforementioned modified bikes do and a steeper fork angle, so it'll probably feel even lighter and simultaneously have more stability.

It's going to feel about 200 pounds lighter then the current bike when in stock form on the road.

EDIT: Added the 52.88" line to show just how far short the 600cc sportbike wheel base is in comparison and why its not even possible.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but here is a comparison of the TFC with a Ducati and VMax. I don't know where he gets his dimensions but he lists the wheelbase at 65 inches around the 4:30 min mark. Another item to question is the wheel size. He states that the rear wheel is 17 inch???

Yes I do and I like it a lot but to quote the majority on here "it is not worth the money". I'll confirm that when I decide to trade or sell.;);):D

All the money spent on modifications are completely gone as far as recovery of those funds is concerned. Worth is a completely subjective evaluation. I think it is a shame a new member here has decided not to buy based on critical views on a bike that has not been ridden or seen by anyone on this site.
I HAVE seen #1/750. Attended a marketing event in south Orange County, CA. We all had an opportunity to view the TFC, sit on it and compare it to other bikes on display from Ducati and Harley. To me, it looked like Triumph was copying the Diavel, especially the rear end. The new model didn't really float my boat and would need modifications to ergonomically fit me. I'd recently purchased a 2018 Roadster, so plunking down $29k on a new one wasn't going to happen.

I HAVE seen #1/750. Attended a marketing event in south Orange County, CA. We all had an opportunity to view the TFC, sit on it and compare it to other bikes on display from Ducati and Harley. To me, it looked like Triumph was copying the Diavel, especially the rear end. The new model didn't really float my boat and would need modifications to ergonomically fit me. I'd recently purchased a 2018 Roadster, so plunking down $29k on a new one wasn't going to happen.

Since you have actually sat on one of the new beasts, tell us how it compares to your 2018 Roadster. Were you able to move the bike around to feel how heavy it is or was it on a center stand? Is it much different in size to the old model....................???

Since you have actually sat on one of the new beasts, tell us how it compares to your 2018 Roadster. Were you able to move the bike around to feel how heavy it is or was it on a center stand? Is it much different in size to the old model....................???
Well, it did feel lighter, that's for sure. Wasn't able to really move around on it as we all were under scrutiny from the Triumph employees at the event. The bike had no fluids so I could not get a feel for the hydraulic clutch. It didn't fit me at all ergonomically so I couldn't get my foot up on the peg. For me, it would require the usual modifications I make on most of my bikes: custom seat raised significantly, bar risers, suspension, etc. I just had a Russell Day Long built for my 2018 and it's made a huge difference.

Back