CFFC71BC-65F2-4005-962E-4D2A4DC9B3EE.jpeg

Good pic for perspective/ scale. Looks a heck of a difference to me.

We shall see, when final dimensions are known.

I do believe you that's what he said, and perhaps that was he was told but...

300mm = 11.8 inches
RIIIR wheelbase 66.7"
So... 54.9" wheelbase for R3.

That's 600 sportbike territory, so it's not right, it's just not.

The 168 -185 how thing, I suspect mama T I posting "more than" to allow wiggle room. There's a trend in the car industry lately to advertise actual wheel power instead of flywheel, who knows.

The engine size, sorry but it's bigger/bulkier. While the actual dimensions may be shorter and narrower, when scaling and laying the new bike over the old, it is definitely bulkier. Which makes sense, it must be longer internally to accommodate increased bore spacing for the larger pistons by about 1 inch.

That picture posted btw, only supports my estimates.
89" front of front tire to rear of rear tire.
89" - 12.7" (back wheel radius), - 13.2 (front wheel radius), = 63.1" wheelbase. 3.6" shorter than the current.

Good pic for ‘perspective / scale’. Looks a heck of a difference to me.
We shall see, when final dimensions are known.

I do believe you that's what he said, and perhaps that was he was told but...

300mm = 11.8 inches
RIIIR wheelbase 66.7"
So... 54.9" wheelbase for R3.

That's 600 sportbike territory, so it's not right, it's just not.

The 168 -185 how thing, I suspect mama T I posting "more than" to allow wiggle room. There's a trend in the car industry lately to advertise actual wheel power instead of flywheel, who knows.

The engine size, sorry but it's bigger/bulkier. While the actual dimensions may be shorter and narrower, when scaling and laying the new bike over the old, it is definitely bulkier. Which makes sense, it must be longer internally to accommodate increased bore spacing for the larger pistons by about 1 inch.

That picture posted btw, only supports my estimates.
89" front of front tire to rear of rear tire.
89" - 12.7" (back wheel radius), - 13.2 (front wheel radius), = 63.1" wheelbase. 3.6" shorter than the current.

not sure why it wasn’t caught but using words like that, oh you know which one, well will get you a week in the clink barbagris
Nope I don't. You see one of the misapprehensions of the plebeian population is the misappropriation of ENGLISH words into dialect with alternate and bastardised meaning being exclusionary to the original. I write in ENGLISH you see.

Gentlemen! - Today's fox.

Nope I don't. You see one of the misapprehensions of the plebeian population is the misappropriation of ENGLISH words into dialect with alternate and bastardised meaning being exclusionary to the original. I write in ENGLISH you see.

Gentlemen! - Today's fox.
Totally unacceptable getting out Webster’s just to see the kinds of things you’ve just said. I’ve never heard such

Compare to this, they're basically the same size, but have different visual impact. The new aesthetic does look great on the move, so much more modern!!

Notice butt position straight above front of back tire stays the same feet similar, bars lower and forward, all will contribute to a sportier feel. 3rd pic added to show how a gen 1 vs gen 2 look with similar bars, incredibly similar position.
Given that most captains bring bars up and back, I'd expect the new position to over very poorly with adopters of the new bike. I know first hand that bars low and forward on an R3 will severely stress the lower back in a short time because unlike a sportbike support via knee pressure is nearly impossible, though, that may be corrected with the new tank shape.
download (2).jpeg

85839_4ceb16f4fffb36297ebb09638a9013bc.jpeg

Ttriumph_Rocket_Cafe_Racer_0850-1.jpg

Last edited:
...i agree...i like to be sitting more upright and casual...i'm one of those with risers and teebars which sits me where i'm comfortable. Dont know if these new models have the provision to be able to do that.

Back