As much as I completely believe you guys about what he said, and I am not discounting his credentials, analysis of images simply says the wheel base is not 300mm shorter, I am 100% certain of it.

The overall bike maybe 300mm shorter, but there's no way in high hell they would release a Rocket 3 with the wheelbase of a Yamaha R6/Daytona 675.
How bout 250

One thing not many mention, is the fact that parts interchangeability, especially on the engine, is about gone. Kinda like whenever Harley goes to a new design, now you need new parts to replace broke parts. Almost like having a completely different manufacturer. I'll keep my 2013, my 2, 05's and my 2013 spare engine. Should be enough to keep me going until I'm too old to ride. Another consideration has been mentioned, is how far are you going to have to go, to get to a dealership to have one of these new machines serviced, or worked on. And will that dealership have a mechanic that has been updated on the new machine and know what they are doing? There is a serious lack of dealerships lately.:confused:

The teething problems will probably be significant.
I've owned 2 first-model-year cars and both were a pain in the a** for things breaking that should not have.
I was seriously considering the X-Diavel a few years ago.
until I logged onto the Diavel owner's forum and read all the nasty stuff.
Just like here! ;-)

As much as I lust for a nicely modded Duavel as a daily, the $1000 valve adjustments that are very technical, and the 3 year $1000 timing belt replacements + normalsintenance have steered me away from the.
Nobody ever said OWNING a Ducati was easy or cheap. Riding them is a pure joy, but I won't be having another one. Desmodromics are one of those things that sound good, are good, but are a real PITA for anybody who actually wants to ride the ruddy things.

As much as I lust for a nicely modded Duavel as a daily, the $1000 valve adjustments that are very technical, and the 3 year $1000 timing belt replacements + normalsintenance have steered me away from the.
Nobody ever said OWNING a Ducati was easy or cheap. Riding them is a pure joy, but I won't be having another one. Desmodromics are one of those things that sound good, are good, but are a real PITA for anybody who actually wants to ride the ruddy things.
not sure why it wasn’t caught but using words like that, oh you know which one, well will get you a week in the clink barbagris

I test drove an X-Diavel in a very sedate dealer group ride, and even locked in urban mode (100hp) it was fantastic.
Ah yes the valve adjustments. Forgot about them.
A work buddy had a 1099 and he got my attention with the $1700 he paid for routine service.

Throw a timing belt on your Diavel? $700
And they are prone to damage from little rocks getting jammed in there.

I plan to torture myself with a new R3 test ride as soon as they are in, if they allow them.

Back