Not me!!...I mean, how can there be so many negative opinions on this bike???...it hasnt even been unwrapped yet!!...All this negativity from people who are judging a bike on what?.....come on guys...at least ride one first...
My current rocket is great, but its not a track bike...its a road bike...so is the new Rocket.
I don't think its as much haters as they missed a few things rocket owners have been asking/complaining about for years. Things like the 16 inch tire. Why would you not change that ? Anyway for me its why pay 29,000 for a bike I'd have to pack 200 miles each way to the dealer for work I vould perform with manual and software. Heck I did not even have that much into my blower bike and I've bl9wn it up twice. :) anyway gots to run I'm off to the hospital.

I think I will withdraw my down payment. You guys make some great points about the direction that Triumph is going. I had originally looked at the TFC as a legitimate Custom build and was thinking that they were doing what Harley should have done to their custom line. I am glad I found this place. The Harley guys were even swooning over that TFC and I was really hoping to find a custom cruiser that would last me a long time. Only the Rocket fans would know best if this thing was not worth a second look and the poor quality, and lack of value seem to be the common consensus here. If everyone on a Rocket forum shuns this thing, certainly a transitioning Harley rider would only find disappointment. Thanks all!

It is wise to keep in mind the frame of reference for all who post here...the R3 is practically unchanged over a 15 year production run. Most of these blokes were grumpy old sticklers for tradition when the R3 came about it 2004/5...now they're just older :roll::coffee:

Some will see the shrinking akin to a moyle getting a bit carried away, others will see an over-priced Ducati, still others will see impracticality and a missed opportunity.

I think the key is to not expect it to be like the outgoing model...a bit like buying a new dog the same breed as the previous and expecting it to have the same personality and behave the same way...might as well clone the old dog.

Personally i think it's a cock-shortening, ergonomic and luggage-carrying cluster fk of a Diavel wanna be :roll::roll::roll:.....but I'm gonna test ride one anyway :whitstling:

Must be the Polish . . . :rolleyes:
All I be saying, Amigo, is a rear axle high as your legs will allow is best, IMHO.
As you state, the front axle should indeed be lower than the rear (within the limits of proper trail).
That 18" tire you spoke of sits the rear axle quite a bit lower to the ground than the OEM wheel with a 240/55R17.
That reduces your ground clearance and then the front axle must be lowered even more to compensate.

rozumiesz?
Your right my wheel is not OEM and your wheel is. My rear tire is not the recommended 240/50/16 and neither is yours. You have a alternative tire on the wheel. In fact yours it not a triumph listed alternative as they did not make the max when the rocket tires were specified. So ya my rear axle is lower the your yet higher the the OEM specified set up. Anyway as for the front are axles are the same height. So help me with this then
I with the max on the back and the same front axle height drag my peg feelers. Yet with the lower rear axle and the same front axle height I so far do not drag. More testing in severe twisties will be next week to see if the same hold true on the dragging. Right now the only difference I see is maybe I hang off the bike a little more do it can feel my scrawny arse inputs :D

So it looks like youre going the ducati way then??....dont be looking at Triumphs no more!!....Dont even ride one for gods sake!!...geez!!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Mate wipe the beer froth from your chin and chill out...i own 5 bikes and ride what i want!! i also like to think i can comment on a forum lightheartedly about my views without hurting anyone's feelings:rolleyes:...Grow up please...

Deal is done. I really do love my Break Out. I fell for the aesthetics of that TFC though, in addition to the off the lot specs. I know my Break Out will take me 800 miles in one day comfortably and I do love her looks. Sure, you all can blow past me and I am ok with that. We all ride for the same, and different reasons and I just don't want to take the gamble that I could be happy on something I know so little about. My Break Out is paid off, warranty is over and I know Harleys well enough to maintain her for years to come. Happy the Dealer gave back the 1K down so quick. My wife is grateful that you guys talked me down from such a big purchase and would like to say thanks, and I am happy I stumbled on in before the point of no return. Maybe one year, Triumph will listen to you guys and develop something worth the sticker price! To the few excited about the TFC, I'll keep an eye out for reviews if anyone picks one up. I am hard pressed to think it will be as bad as discussed here, but if the experts say, I digress.

Ride Safe and keep the rubber side down!

Deal is done. I really do love my Break Out. I fell for the aesthetics of that TFC though, in addition to the off the lot specs. I know my Break Out will take me 800 miles in one day comfortably and I do love her looks. Sure, you all can blow past me and I am ok with that. We all ride for the same, and different reasons and I just don't want to take the gamble that I could be happy on something I know so little about. My Break Out is paid off, warranty is over and I know Harleys well enough to maintain her for years to come. Happy the Dealer gave back the 1K down so quick. My wife is grateful that you guys talked me down from such a big purchase and would like to say thanks, and I am happy I stumbled on in before the point of no return. Maybe one year, Triumph will listen to you guys and develop something worth the sticker price! To the few excited about the TFC, I'll keep an eye out for reviews if anyone picks one up. I am hard pressed to think it will be as bad as discussed here, but if the experts say, I digress.

Ride Safe and keep the rubber side down!
I dont think things were discussed as bad, us much as disappointment in changes thats could have been easily done. I haven't wrote off buying one but if ya can't even find out the information thats important to you say for me whats the sixth gear ratio and what happens when them pegs the bolt into the block once the whole is destroyed. Are you buying anoth engine case cause some idiot knocked the bike over. If so no thanks I'm not carring about creating more horse power not changing the look for 29 k you'd better like the look. Of not what are you doing pisding away the money on a one of a kind amd hacking it up. Lijewise I still want access to do maintenace and a help line since troumph dealers hop skip jump fail get dumped or does not have as they would put it trained triumph technicians!!!! Ok thats my negativity back to moving the dead neighbors lawn !!!!!!

Your right my wheel is not OEM and your wheel is. My rear tire is not the recommended 240/50/16 and neither is yours. You have a alternative tire on the wheel. In fact yours it not a triumph listed alternative as they did not make the max when the rocket tires were specified. So ya my rear axle is lower the your yet higher the the OEM specified set up. Anyway as for the front are axles are the same height. So help me with this then
I with the max on the back and the same front axle height drag my peg feelers. Yet with the lower rear axle and the same front axle height I so far do not drag. More testing in severe twisties will be next week to see if the same hold true on the dragging. Right now the only difference I see is maybe I hang off the bike a little more do it can feel my scrawny arse inputs :D

Now I see what you mean and you hace discovered the explanation. If you are now hanging off, this would explain why you touched feelers before and do not now even with the lower rear axle. Hanging off shifts the rider/motor CG and increases lean angle.

So- what's the deal with the new Rocket? Are they all going to have the 2.5 litre engine with six speed tranny and single sided swingarm? What's the story about the special deluxe custom? Limited production and special golden dollars to purchase these? Not having paid much attention, I'm just curious, and still pretty happy with my first generation July 2004 minted standard.

So- what's the deal with the new Rocket? Are they all going to have the 2.5 litre engine with six speed tranny and single sided swingarm? What's the story about the special deluxe custom? Limited production and special golden dollars to purchase these? Not having paid much attention, I'm just curious, and still pretty happy with my first generation July 2004 minted standard.

Clean sheet design following the oversized Street fighter concept they tried to start with the Roadster.
2.5L, 6 speed, 150/80R17 + 240/50R16, aluminum frame, all the electronics + kitchen sink, polarizing looks.

I actually L O V E the looks, and, if someone cracks the ECU quickly and someone offers an after market 17" rear wheel, I'll be more than happy to park one in my garage next to Mufasa.

Back