New R3 Roadster - TOR no secondaries

I can see that the gipro would be great if you didn't have an indicator. I bet you can't wait for those headers and tune!

I would love to see a dyno run in 1st or 2nd gear with and without secondaries any either with or without the TORs. 4th may not have much or any change, but 1-3 are a beast now! It's more than just throttle response - the midrange feels so much stronger and I'm not a little guy so some big changes must have happened.
Actually having the factory indicator AND the GiPro would be really handy. With the GiPro you not only would have an extra 7% power in lower gears from the timing retard eliminator, but you could actually SEE which gear the bike thinks it's in. And if you don't want the larger GiPro Gear Position Indicator, you can always put it under the tank or seat so you don't have to look at it.

Anyone who just wants more fun/bang for the buck and doesn't want to go digging around in the ECU or spend the money on a Power Commander is perfect for installing a GiPro. You don't have to alter the tune or change a thing to install one.

"Actually having the factory indicator AND the GiPro would be really handy. With the GiPro you not only would have an extra 7% power in lower gears from the timing retard eliminator, but you could actually SEE which gear the bike thinks it's in. And if you don't want the larger GiPro Gear Position Indicator, you can always put it under the tank or seat so you don't have to look at it."

Does the GIpro give that 7% even with secondaries removed? Honestly it seems that in the lower gears there is more than that performance gained, it feels like way more than 7%, but maybe its throttle response too. I saw a post that said the timing didn’t make that big of power difference compared to the butterflies. I understand the benefit of being able to see what gear you’re tricking the bike into, but seeing that on the stock gauge would bug me, just personally… we all have those little things that get to us!

I am curious about the tune with the roadster TOR’s. I understand on other models the TOR tune just changes the seconday position, but the roadster TOR’s also remove the cats that are in the mufflers so I wonder if the tune is different than the models where TOR doesn’t change the cats, just the sound.

removing the secondarys doesnt increase horsepower it just gives you the power you ask for when twisting the throttle rather than the ecu dictating what u can and cant use but your horsepower has increased none:cool: and the timing change in the first three gears i found to be a fair increase in performance i have my secondarys removed and just found a better throttle response there nothing else really

evil mitch

I am getting closer to brisbane as time goes by, before too long I will pay a visit to brisbane on my week off hope to quaff some suds with you when that happen ..
currently in Kuala lumpur next week port moresby.

evil mitch

I am getting closer to brisbane as time goes by, before too long I will pay a visit to brisbane on my week off hope to quaff some suds with you when that happen ..
currently in Kuala lumpur next week port moresby.
Definately mate will have to have a few cold ones for sure :cool:
let me know when your going to be in town mate

Give us all a bit of warning Patrick. You never know, I might be be able to make it up there. Would love to ride with some of the Brissy louts and would be good to see you too.

Is anyone sure about the throttle plates not increasing the midrange power in the 1st gears (not 4 and 5th of course)? I ask because it sure feels like there is way more power midrange in the 1st few gears. Plus, strangely enough, I went through the exact same thing on my last bike. I had the 1st model year of the zx14 and it was really restricted in the lower gears as well – they loosed the restriction with later years, but it turns out it was limited by throttle secondary’s – and there was even a company that made a plug and play “timing retard eliminator” that made the bike run in 4th gear.
Know I realize they are very different machines, but it seems to me they both use the secondaries to limit power –
http://www.bikeland.org/story.php?storyID=24810
A great job by Brock performance that really settled that issue with the 14. If you don’t want to read all that the final conclusion was that just by removing those plates and a new fuel map (the ecu wasn’t very sophisticated in those) the midrange gained almost 32lb torque – or an increase of almost 60% at that range!! And spit out 21 more horse too.
Like I said I know they are different machines – 1400cc and 2300cc and the 14 reved higher, but with that experience and the change I feel in the roadster I really think there is a significant midrange power increase in the 1st gears.

Back