New R3 rider from Tasmania Oz

Firstly A Big Welcome From Batemans Bay NSW
there are actually a few Rocket down there, at least two that inhabit the .com site they don't know what they are missing "Hippo" lives near Hobart and So does my Dad so I come down there every couple of years I love Bicheno!!!
G'day and Welcome .. Tassie huh, lucky you. Took my Rocket for a lap in 2009 and we got another one planned for later this year. Met a bloke called Karl from Burnie a while back , up in the Territory . He was riding a black 2005 Standard with over 300,000 on the clock,i heard he hit a roo over in the West and totalled the bike. Anyway enjoy the Island and the new ride.
My Gawd He gets around, I met Karl when Ann and I stoped for lunch outside Launseton last year when I was down there, a very Colourfull Character who couldn't believe the size of my Camper and ...the Darkside just completely blew him away he just stared and stared at it in dis belief we had a long chat and he is living proof that you can't kill a Rocket or it rider in his case:)
Welcome from Canberra. Great to have you on board. Watch out for Hanso at the Island - he'll be there and you won't be able to miss him. Love Tassie but never been there on a bike. Something to do in the not too distant future......
Looks like ACT and Tassie running neck and neck now then!! ;)
No Richard I won't be Marshalling at the Island Classic that is this month, I'm going to be there foir the SBK international Testing and then The World's SBK at the end of Febuary but one day if I ever win Lotto and retire I would love to include "The Island Classic" in my calender

No Richard I won't be Marshalling at the Island Classic that is this month, I'm going to be there foir the SBK international Testing and then The World's SBK at the end of Febuary but one day if I ever win Lotto and retire I would love to include "The Island Classic" in my calender

Oops. Watch out for him anyway. :D

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks All for the welcome. Few questions in there so hope to answer them over a beer or two sometime in the not to distant future.

The R3 get together is noted and see what I can do to get North. If any of you are heading south, do look me up, I am down south near Port Arthur. Even have two fellow riders who already have R3s so have to let them know about this site.

Cheers

Mission Accomplished

R3 collected and clocked a 1k on the weekend. See avatar. Safely in the shed and the big arse grin on my face has not faded. What a machine. Here come the questions guys, sorry if I am repeating what has already been asked so please point me the right direction?

Congtats TRR good to hear the grin has already started , :D
BTW I use 91 mostly and occassionally give her a 95 treat but to be honest I hav'nt found much difference between the two. I am told 95 burns much cleaner and cooler but how would you know? :)

Enjoy..ride safe mate.

gday bud, welcome to the site...

who'd you buy it through? Kelly?

was a bloody hot one sat so hope you didn't fry yourself riding about. Anyway i lead an annual run around tassie with a group of mates, usually mid November. will let you know when we plan on being there and you might like to join the fellas.

would be nice to have another r3 looping the island..

ohhh...and just to pre warn ya, if anyone gives you stick for coming from tassie, don't take any notice, the sensible ones of us know you probably can't help it!

hahahaha, i crack myself up...soz bro, i just had to be the first to get a tassie joke in.

:roll:

Oh you might like to start planning for a "Get Together" planned for September this year in hervey Bay QLD by "BigMarty":cool:

hey TRR... sing out if you're coming to our 1st muster. i can meet you at station pier and we can cruise up to meet others on the way. will be a rippa ride if you can get the time away.

Back