new r3 made in finland

That is a sharp looking ride. Does anyone know if there are large scale Rocket customizations here in the US?

Read on..........

Harley's are made in the U.S. They just use a bunch of overseas parts. The factories are in Milwaukee and York, PA.

Kansas City too.

I made that statement tongue-in-cheek. To say unequivocally that the R3 is 'made' in Finland is untrue, just as HD is 'made' in the USA is untrue.

The customizer in Finland took an R3 which is assembled in the United Kingdom from parts acquired predominately in the UK but also from suppliers in other countries and 'customized' it with parts not manufactured in Finland so it's not 'Made in Finland', but rather 'customized in Finland from custom parts obtained from other countries. The tank is Moto-Plan/BRM as is the drag bars and the risers. Moto=Plan/BRM is most certainly not Finnish but rather Japanese.

HD, though assembled in the United States is assembled from a conglomeration of parts made off shore. Some examples are as follows: Forks (Showa as in Honda. If you look at the underside of the lower triple tree, you'll plainly see the words 'Showa-Made in Japan in the casting), wheels are made in India, engine, lower cases and cylinder barrels are cast in India, brakes are Nissin, Japan, electrics are Nippon-Denso and so on. The bikes are assembled here not 'Made" here. To say 'Made in USA' is a broad brush stroke.

While I'm not a fan of the Honda Goldwing, it too is 'Made in the USA' as is the Honda quads (which I have). The Honda's are assembled in Marysville, Ohio with parts predominantly outsourced from Japan, but also outsourced from domestic suppliers and produced in-house. There are a number of business's in the Dayton, Springfield, Ohio area that produce parts for the Goldwing. I'm familiar with a few of them.

HD people are quick to stereotype Honda's as a Jap crap bike while the HD is 'Made in the USA'. That's a typical response from someone brainwashed by Willie G and his creative advertising and is simply not true. The 'Made in USA' is all propaganda once you realize just what and where the parts and assemblies come from in respect to the bikes themselves.

Tank is not moto plan, it is original tank + extra fiberclas

Handel bars made by owner... NOT motopalan

The tank is Moto-Plan/BRM as is the drag bars and the risers. Moto=Plan/BRM is most certainly not Finnish

Back