New Paintwork

That looks like the Aston Green of a certain Centenary Edition Daytona 955i. Very nice!

Its actually forest green off of a 2001 chevy Tahoe. It is very simmaler to British racing green found on BMW Mini and Aston Martin... Paint code WA9539. The pictures don't do it justice. In the shade the paint looks black in the sun it pops a deep emerald like green. Thanks for looking.

I like the decals.

There actually not decals, I painted the corners silver, masked them off with a triumph logo, shot the green, pulled the decal, then applied clear. I went badgeless for a couple reasons. A: when I wax the bike, I don't have to use q tips around the badges to get all the white dry wax off. B: a vinyl graphic on top would fade over time and leave a shadow as the paint ages of it is ever removed. C: I didn't put the vinyl under the clear because there would have been a slight lip and the clear would be raised on that area.... All in all its personal taste, my father would have left it cardinal red lol

I like the smooth tank as well, and the color....you're correct, it is very similar to the Mini brand BRG/Aston green color.

The triumph color was a bit darker than the Mini, but unless you have them sitting right next to each other it's almost impossible to tell the difference.

There actually not decals, I painted the corners silver, masked them off with a triumph logo, shot the green, pulled the decal, then applied clear. I went badgeless for a couple reasons. A: when I wax the bike, I don't have to use q tips around the badges to get all the white dry wax off. B: a vinyl graphic on top would fade over time and leave a shadow as the paint ages of it is ever removed. C: I didn't put the vinyl under the clear because there would have been a slight lip and the clear would be raised on that area.... All in all its personal taste, my father would have left it cardinal red lol
I think the logos came out great. :thumbsup:

0315180830c.jpg
0315180830a.jpg
0315180830a.jpg
0315180830b.jpg
0315180830.jpg

Just a teaser, I will post more pics when all the tin is back on !

Is that your paint booth BigStick?

Back