New Helmet advice

Mad Dog

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Rocket III Touring
So Santa brought us 3 new Cardo intercoms for X-mas this year. I’m thinking since I already wear hearing aids my little carbon fiber half helmet isn’t going to cut it, and if I manage to get it installed I probly won’t be able to hear or be heard at speed. So, I’m looking at full face helmets. Last one I owned was a Bell Star in the 70-80’s, only time I wore it was in cold weather, I found it too hot in the summer, heavy and restrictive.
I’m looking for small and light, I don’t want to restrict my field of view or ability to turn my head anymore than necessary. I could care less about graphics and colors, maybe a little safety yellow mixed in would be ok with a black or grey at most. I think everybody here probly has more experience with full face than I do, give me some advice guys?

I’ve got a couple on the radar that won’t break the bank, but price isn’t the priority either, just don’t want to get stupid about it.

This Nolan has a nice big front visor and an optional accelerometer operated brake light on the back-
Nolan N70.2 Gt Classic N-Com Helmet | BurnOutMotor

Here is a carbon fiber Scorpion at a decent price with a good sized visor that gets good reviews-
SCORPION EXO-1400 AIR CARBON SOLID - ChromeBurner

Can anybody offer advice or own either of these 2?

I think Nolan has best view, check out simpson as I was looking there,I have a joe rocket full face but it’s kinda small view area but modular, the modular is probably only way I can go with glasses as I may need to lift up quickly to get to glasses. Let’s us know what you pick.

John, there has been much debate within these hallowed pages of which helmet is best. There are several premier brands available on the market with varying price tags. As a race, we all have diffrent sized, and more importantly, shaped heads. Now the premier brands are all different shapes too. My advice would be to vist a couple of vendors and try the different brands to find which one suits your shaped head. Once known, you can then sort which model will suit your needs. Good luck in your search..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You really need to go somewhere that has a large selection of manufacturer's helmets. Try on a bunch, paying attention to how they fit your head. Some will be rounder, some more oval. The best made helmet will be useless to you if it doesn't match your head shape. A round helmet on an oval head will result in a splitting headache after a short time. Put them on and wander around the store for a bit. If you have a red spot on your forehead its not for you.

Once you find a manufacturer that fits you well, then you can shop for colors and styles. Also, once you identify one that fits well, a helmet dealer can advise you of others with the same shape.

Going to Smileys racing shop Monday to look at Simpson’s Kevin, I had them on my list to look at.
Was at Cycle Gear yesterday trying on helmets, about the only place around with a good selection. Shoei and Scorpion fit best, no Nolan’s in stock, Shuberth bout caused me a panic attack trying to get it off, my head is a rounder 24”, they were all XL intermediate oval.

I like my Fly Revolution.
Snell, light, hi-viz & black
Only $150.00

I liked my Nolan for the quick latch strap, or whatever they call it, but it didn't hold up at all, vent cover fell off and visor ratchet system wore out in a couple years. I have a hard time, I could never buy online, I think I have a Neanderthal shaped head, sloping brow, lol, most helmets settle down in front 1/2" below where I want them to sit. I was lucky, in NY we had a place within 100 miles, in the middle of nowhere, but good, Helmet World. Hard to believe they made it, where they are, but they do. I know people that go somewhere and try them on, then buy online, but personally I wouldn't feel right doing that.

JMO.. I've tried on a lot of full face helmets and because I have a fat head the only one that seemed to fit comfortably was the HJC's. They came out with a nice looking one RPHA 11 Pro...

Back