New helmet question

No. A helmet that causes you pain for any length of time should not be worn. That said, many (most?) manufactures offer a selection of pads that are thinner or thicker depending you your needs. You need to find pads that make the helmet feel correct right when you put it on or return it for a different model.
-MIG
Agree with Michael_G. Check for pad options. Both my Arai and SCHUBERTH were uncomfortable and somewhat painful at first. They broke in (took weeks) and then fit perfectly. BUT, it's a fine line between needing a break-in and a bad fit (beyond pads). I guess I'm just saying that I've felt your pain and, in my case, got over it.

Arai's used to be long oval biased.

According to this except for one model/series they are now Intermediate oval.

HEAD SHAPES
ALL
5d37cba4f1f7ed004676fecc_head-shape.png

INTERMEDIATE OVAL
Slightly longer front to back than Round Oval.

QUANTUM-ST PRO

5d37cba4f1f7ed004676fecc_head-shape.png

LONG OVAL
Longer front-to-back and a little thinner side-to-side than Intermediate Oval.
Both look same to me.🤔

I had a 3/4 helmet that was VERY uncomfortable for awhile. I found out that the Styrofoam inner part had a very sharp 90* edge to it where the mold stopped along the front where my forehead was. I (cue the:eek: ) took a big spoon and rubbed the back of the spoon where the helmet was putting pressure on my forehead and kind radiused the edge of the foam and all was right with it after that.

I would definitely try the bigger size first.

Back