New helmet question

Eric R.

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Hi guys, I recently bought a new Aria Classic V open face helmet. I have very old Aria Classic M helmet that I wanted to upgrade .
My old one is extra-large so I purchased the new one in extra-large also.
My question is should I expect to go through a break in period with my new helmet?
I wore my new one for about a half an hour yesterday and I had way too much forehead pain . Overall it is a snug fit which I know is how it should be . I am so used to slipping on my old one without having any problems or pain, but I have had it for so long I don’t remember how it was when it was new. I would welcome any opinion here .
I have contacted the online store and they are sending me a XXL to try out and compare. I am just afraid that that will probably be too big.
Thanks for any help, Eric

No. A helmet that causes you pain for any length of time should not be worn. That said, many (most?) manufactures offer a selection of pads that are thinner or thicker depending you your needs. You need to find pads that make the helmet feel correct right when you put it on or return it for a different model.
-MIG

Have you had a haircut in the last 3 months? I am not joking just thinking about how many of us have not due to C19. My full face helmet was getting to tight. I git a haircut yesterday and all is right in the world again.
If hair is not a consideration, then yes, get a bigger helmet.

Have they changed the shape of their mold? Some helmets are round and some are oval. Need to find one that fits your head

Arai's used to be long oval biased.

According to this except for one model/series they are now Intermediate oval.

HEAD SHAPES
ALL
5d37cba4f1f7ed004676fecc_head-shape.png

INTERMEDIATE OVAL
Slightly longer front to back than Round Oval.

QUANTUM-ST PRO

5d37cba4f1f7ed004676fecc_head-shape.png

LONG OVAL
Longer front-to-back and a little thinner side-to-side than Intermediate Oval.

Your very old (red) Aria Classic M helmet model looks pretty modern to me though! ;) :whitstling::)
1591773673459.png

Where as your new V one really does look Classic! ;):):roll::roll::roll::roll:
1591773773969.png

The new ones are intermediate oval. I know the cheek pads can be swapped out, but the issue is all in my forehead.
I’m glad I ordered the xxl to try out.
The pain was extremely uncomfortable just for the half hour of use. I had to keep pushing the back of the helmet forward just to alleviate the pain.
Maybe my brain has gotten bigger over the years. Who knows?

Hi guys, I recently bought a new Aria Classic V open face helmet. I have very old Aria Classic M helmet that I wanted to upgrade .
My old one is extra-large so I purchased the new one in extra-large also.
My question is should I expect to go through a break in period with my new helmet?
I wore my new one for about a half an hour yesterday and I had way too much forehead pain . Overall it is a snug fit which I know is how it should be . I am so used to slipping on my old one without having any problems or pain, but I have had it for so long I don’t remember how it was when it was new. I would welcome any opinion here .
I have contacted the online store and they are sending me a XXL to try out and compare. I am just afraid that that will probably be too big.
Thanks for any help, Eric
The problem is your head is oval and the helmet is round! Shop helmets at Revzilla which tells you the shape of every helmet.

Back