New Brake Recall!

I had my Rocket in garage without using since October. Now I was in the city and tried the rear brake. Absolutely no problem. But I will go to the service for changing, to be sure. Maybe it will have better effectiveness, because by last service at 26000km they replaced the front brake pads.

I had my Rocket in garage without using since October. Now I was in the city and tried the rear brake. Absolutely no problem. But I will go to the service for changing, to be sure. Maybe it will have better effectiveness, because by last service at 26000km they replaced the front brake pads.
Just for anyone out there who has not done it changing the front brake pads on the new Rockets may be the easiest do it yourself job around. Rears are a bit more complicated but not much. I even do my own and I am lazy.

Just for anyone out there who has not done it changing the front brake pads on the new Rockets may be the easiest do it yourself job around. Rears are a bit more complicated but not much. I even do my own and I am lazy.
They did it during service interval without previous question. Just informed me by paying.

It would be great if you can give a brief step by step instruction.

Did you/how did you bleed the ABS system?
Did you replace braking fluids?
How many kn/miles between replacing?
Did you stick with the same brembo pads or something else?

Don't think I will see 8-10K km with a front pair at present...

best wishes Jacques

It would be great if you can give a brief step by step instruction.

Did you/how did you bleed the ABS system?
Did you replace braking fluids?
How many kn/miles between replacing?
Did you stick with the same brembo pads or something else?

Don't think I will see 8-10K km with a front pair at present...

best wishes Jacques
  • Download the free manual in Resources for a the step by step- it's a very simple process.
  • I have not bled the ABS. Rear done with recall.
  • Replaced fluids front and rear at 8,500 and 13,000; front at 21,000 and rear (with master cylinder recall) at 25,000 - These numbers mean nothing, your mileage will vary
  • Rear pads at 13,000 (early) front pads at 24,000 - EBC Double H Sintered - These numbers mean nothing, your mileage will vary
With every tire change (DIY) I removes the brakes and clean the pads, calipers and brake cylinders- this keeps everything moving smoothly as it should.

Be careful you don't extend the cylinders out too far, or they'll pop out- just enough to reveal the "gum line," as he describes it.

Last edited:
  • Download the free manual in Resources for a the step by step- it's a very simple process.
  • I have not bled the ABS. Rear done with recall.
  • Replaced fluids front and rear at 8,500 and 13,000; front at 21,000 and rear (with master cylinder recall) at 25,000 - These numbers mean nothing, your mileage will vary
  • Rear pads at 13,000 (early) front pads at 24,000 - EBC Double H Sintered - These numbers mean nothing, your mileage will vary
With every tire change (DIY) I removes the brakes and clean the pads, calipers and brake cylinders- this keeps everything moving smoothly as it should.

much appreciated the feedback, I looked at those pads but also the double carbons and the Brembo sintered (are these that come with the bike new?)

My bike is booked in for this Friday to have this recall done.
My brakes have been ok up to now, I hope they don't create a problem.......fingers crossed.
I seldom if ever use the rear but had the master slave recall done 2 months ago and can confirm they have faded beyond use already. the rear rotor is also “loose”, few others have the same issue. The rear brake system in totality is faulty and poorly designed, at least for me.

I seldom if ever use the rear but had the master slave recall done 2 months ago and can confirm they have faded beyond use already. the rear rotor is also “loose”, few others have the same issue. The rear brake system in totality is faulty and poorly designed, at least for me.

I have seen posts on this forum, reporting about the rear disc being too loose. My understanding is that those owners have had their discs replaced under warranty, but i'm not 100% sure if that is widely the case.

As a side note:
I had some Brembo discs on a previous bike of mine that were from a production racer......i.e. some racing discs. (These were on the front). Much lighter than stock discs.
The rotors were very loose on the mounting bobbins. They weren't fitted with any spring dampers that would normally be incorporated into the fixing of the rotors, like on many road bikes, so the rotors would rattle like hell when the bike was stationery at tick-over.
It wasn't that I had fitted worn out discs off a race bike (at least, not to my knowledge) because those discs used to rattle on all of the race bikes I saw them on.
They were just very floaty, noisy disc rotors.....very loose. It didn't seem to affect their performance on the track.

Last edited:
Back