Very bad to the bone looking Touring and especially with the intake.
Sensfan, I didn't know Flip was back up and running. For awhile his website was down and he didn't answer my emails. I've purchased quite a few things from him over the years, to include the Blackrock leather conditioner, the best I've ever used.
Please post a link to his website or email address so that I can get in contact with him.

Mike,
Just FYI - but the best I have found is Langlitz Leather Dressing.
leather dressing - Langlitz Leathers
Stop by my place sometime for a demo.

Flip (not his name) is a retired machinist and rancher/farmer in, I think, Minnesota. His wife raised and showed Percheron horses, the same as did my grandfather on his farm/ranch in South Dakota. The story as told to me by Flip was that he used to get this leather conditioner that was made by a local farmer for use on their tack, harnesses etc. There are no silicons in it but rather carnuba waxes. The guy started making it commercially, with I believe Flip being one of his firs distributors. I used to pay $4.95 for a small can of it and, as Flip told me, use it sparingly because it goes a long way. I found it on line some time ago but being packaged in Chicago and don't know if it is still the same product.

Well, I brought an old western saddle back to life, used it on all of my leathers, to include old saddlebags and riding jackets, truck seats and all, and took some back to my daughter's home to use on her beautiful Texas leather couches. I probably ordered three sleeves of 4, giving some of it to my friends because it was that good. Flip sent me a note once asking me if I was eating it since so little goes a long way.

I have two small tins of it left which will probably last me a good long time but it is good to know Langlitz Leathers is also excellent product. The stuff they sell at the auto supply shop is filled with silicons and to me not good. When I have my vehicles detailed I tell them not to touch the leather seat.

@Navigator Mike,
Why no silicon in your leather dressing?
I know it is not recommended for the newer leather auto interiors,
but for an outdoor exposed bike seat or leather jacket???
RE: motor seats, personally I like less seat friction.
It enhances my ability to hoon the twisties! :D

EF39636A-D149-4B7E-9A83-876F6ECEB05E.jpeg
47D07A0B-F832-4830-8C58-CD1FD3B28031.jpeg

@Navigator Mike,
Why no silicon in your leather dressing?
I know it is not recommended for the newer leather auto interiors,
but for an outdoor exposed bike seat or leather jacket???
RE: motor seats, personally I like less seat friction.
It enhances my ability to hoon the twisties! :D

Steve, I have generally avoided silicons over the years as I've had it cause problems in everything from piano finishes to automotive paint.

We had a beautiful 1800s vintage piano almost 40 years ago and when we looked into having it refinished, found that a previous owner had used a silicon based polish on it making it nearly impervious to a refinish job. A friend who has a custom paint and body shop hates the stuff and won't even let it used in his shop for anything.

I quit using silicon based conditioners on my leather motorcycle seat after finding that it made the seats very slick, something I did not want. I want to be planted in that thing and not sliding around, but that is a personal preference.

After you posed the above question I did a bit of internet research and found this very interesting thread about silicons in waxes. Apparently there are different types of silicons that can be used in waxes which is something I did not learn in my college chemistry class, thinking it was one of the basic chemical element SI with an atomic number 14. Live and learn.

For me I'll still avoid them.

Back