Need Troubleshooting Ideas

I have recently had the same issue.

Mine turned out to be a missing lock lug on the main fuse holder for the female clip allowing the contact to be intermittent. I found this by running the bike with the seat off and wriggling the wires enter the fuse holder on the right and side and was able to replicate the problem. I fixed it by popping the 2 fuse clips out of the holder and fitting them to the spare socket next to it so that both wires were firmly locked in place.

You're not the only person this has happened to. I had the gremlin and I wont volunteer names, but I know others have as well.

In my case, a good cleaning and reattaching of the 3 wire plug on the PDM-60 harness fixed it.

A few weeks ago I accidently left my FOB on the bike's seat for about 12 hours and wondered if that discharged the FOB battery and/or the bike's battery enough to be a problem. I decided to install a new FOB battery just to be sure. After this happened yesterday I wondered if accidently pressing the FOB button could shut down the keyless ignition. I tried that with the engine at idle and pressing the button until I got the red light on the FOB but engine and electrics kept running. I still wonder what happens when the FOB battery dies while the engine is running.

How about taking battery out fob why bike is running?

As far as I know everything inside the engine and transmission still rotates even when rolling along without combustion.......my car engines have never locked up when running out of gas......which, sad to say, has happened to me more than once. :(

I was thinking if engine was not running you would feel a surging as if you where slowing down in to high a gear with clutch out or like when u bump start a car and let the clutch out. But if you where trying to find a gear you would have had clutch in so might not have noticed this.I think engine must have stalled and if restarted on it's own keyless ignition would be good place to look. Any of my bikes stall ave to restart them with start button just a thought.Might be a good time to get some louder pipes:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have the newer keyless model without the pdm60. It stalled from total loss of electrical power, no lights total electrically dead. Pulled over turned kill switch off then back on and she came to life. Smooth road no bumps I just hit.
Has not happened again.

I have suspicion it's tied to a EM interference. The two times it happened to me on the highway, both times occurred next to a train switching location.

Back