My turn to beat the (long) dead horse...

AndrewK

.060 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
How does Triumph get away with putting such a **** tire on their new bikes??

5,600 miles....
20180626_173646.jpg

That's all...

How does Triumph get away with putting such a **** tire on their new bikes??

5,600 miles....
20180626_173646.jpg

That's all...

I’ve never seen a tyre in that condition on a new bike so wtf are you going on about?? :banghead:

Only person who should hang their head in shame is the person who thought it OK to endanger not only themselves but other road users by riding with a tyre in anything even near that state. Tyres are (relatively) cheap. If you’re not happy with what’s on there, change it. If you can’t afford to do that you have no business riding such a heavy and powerful bike in the first place.

I don’t know you but I’d sure as he11 tell you to your face if you were sharing the road with me.
Just sayin’.

That said, Metzeler tyres certainly have their share of detractors on Rockets (including me) but it’s way too simplistic to simply to just dismiss them as crap. Some people actually prefer them. Many others have found other brands more to their liking and/or better suited to their riding style and needs.

For what it’s worth I got around 3,500km out of Metzeler, about 7,500 out of Avon and around 10,000km consistently out of Bridgestone (Exedra Max). That was on a Standard, not the Touring. I’d say that 5,600miles from your Metzeler on a bike like the Rocket was pretty bloody impressive, even though you should have changed it at more like 5,000m, and you should actually be quite pleased.

Just put on a pair of Emax after running Cobras for years, done about 3k miles so far and really like them. Cobras were great and I'm very happy with the Emax's so far.

If my experience is the same as most other report and I get better wear from the max's I'll probably stick with them.

Both are better then the Metz imo. The rears don't last and the fronts cup so badly you have to change them before they wear out anyway.

You certainly got everything you could out of your existing rear o_O

Wow! I hope this a pic was after a burnout session! Riding with a tire like this is asking for an accident.

The Rocket makes ridiculous torque. The byproduct of that is it really like the taste of rear tires.

Metzeler doesnt make the best tires maybe, but they are far... far from the worse.

Just put on a pair of Emax after running Cobras for years, done about 3k miles so far and really like them. Cobras were great and I'm very happy with the Emax's so far.

If my experience is the same as most other report and I get better wear from the max's I'll probably stick with them.

Both are better then the Metz imo. The rears don't last and the fronts cup so badly you have to change them before they wear out anyway.

You certainly got everything you could out of your existing rear o_O

If you're still having problems with front tires cupping, swap out your front springs with Progressives or something other than stock & put in 7W - 10W depending on your weight :thumbsup:

Back