My Rocket turning into a Harley ,,,,,,help,,,,

mexican

Living Legend
Ride
2015 Rocket X
It all started while i was "standing on the corner in Winslow Arizona", i noticed the rocket was loosing power and at a point it wouldn't even idle right, idle droped to about 400rpm, at 70mph it would not accelerate worth a darn, engine revs fine but no torque, i did some comparisons at lower speeds and different rpms and i found out that on 5th gear at 3000 rpm when i crank it only noise comes out of the mufflers but no power, at lower speeds and higher rpm it does it also, sometimes it accelerates normal but 70 per cent of the time it just floats, i can get to 120mph but i have to take my time,,,,feels like only 1/8th of the trothle delivers power and the rest delivers just noise...no funny engine noises, no check engine lights, Hans adjusted the tune and that helped a little but it is far from normal, any ideas????

Jim's fault!
Seriously, I be sorry to hear of this trouble.
I don't know Jack, but perhaps TPS?

It could be lots of things. TPS, clogged fuel filter, loose/dirty coil leads, dirty crank position sensor, faulty vacuum leads, or clogged air filter. There are a few simple things to check for starters.

If it won't take throttle, I would look first to the airbox (mice nest) - unless you have cones - and then fuel pressure/flow.
But also inspect the hoses for the MAP sensor and make sure nothing kinked or cracked

Can you post screen shot of Diag screen with bike idling?
(Open up all the tabs in left margin)

Last time I had an under-performing engine with those symptoms it turned out the cat conv had melted

The fuel filter is in the tank. You will need to remove the tank, turn it upside down, remove the plate, and then remove the fuel pump assembly from inside the tank. The fuel filter is then easy to replace. The OEM filter is about $50+, but you can get a whole bunch of filters that will fit and work from your local auto-parts type store, with prices from around $5-20.

A load of bad fuel can also cause those problems. You may want to remove the fuel from the tank and use it for lawn mowers or something.

Air filter new in Arizona, where is the fuel filter?
Lupe it is in the tank on the pump. Its comes out thru the bottom. Carefully I might add so you do not bend the fuel level float. Have you done anything since the filter? and did it start right after you changed the air filter?

Back