It’s quick, but only really quickish.
0-60mph in 3.5, compared to around 3.3 for a stock Rocket or 3.0 for a Street Triple 765, Thruxton 1200 or Tiger Explorer, and 2.8 secs for a Speed Triple.
Even a Tiger 800 only takes 3.6!
Unimpressed, but not surprised.

How can u have a bike that you can't modify. Buying the better exhaust system,air filter etc etc that's just as much fun as riding them.And i think the owners forum for these bikes would be pretty boring:sleep::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sure you can! Soon, they'll offer the Screeching Chicken upgraded high voltage motor for it!

Why is Harley made an Electric M/C? - Well I can think of several reasons. None of which apply to me.

1. They may already be losing potential customers to ZERO.
  2. Some countries taxation systems may well be VERY punitive regarding emissions - and they need to show they actually offer something. (this reminds me of the start of Catalysts in Germany).
  3. Most large EU cities are making life down right difficult as of Euro5 (1/1/2020) to move about on days of "smog" with anything non-ecological. Some have already started. So for anybody who does light commuting or is basically an Urban rider - Electric makes sense. Urban riders are a HUGE market here.
  4. FASHION. I can't comment on the rest of you, but here I am definitely way out of step with the world. I am in the position that I have to buy a new car, soon. From budgetary as well as other reasons it will most likely be a "soccer mom mid-sized SUV" - 90% of the "goodies" that come standard have zero interest for me. Seriously! - only found one make so far that offers a full size spare wheel.

tbh - my only regular runs at the moment - could be covered by a 100mile range. I would however go for a smaller engine and something nimble rather than Electric for the moment. The R3 I did not buy to do this with and it does not do it well. This does NOT mean I plan to sell it either.
AND OF COURSE you forgot the TESLA models are WICKED FAAAAAST

We're constantly hearing how Harley has got to advance with the times, maybe they're advancing at a greater rate than we thought. Harley has been around for an awfully long time, they've relied on that as part of their cred. Maybe they're getting in early and establishing themselves in the market nice and early for WHEN everything goes electric, because it surely will. Batteries will get better, we will get more grunt and longer range with faster charge rates. It's not a bike for me, but I'm sure they haven't got a 40 year old man who lives in a country town in mind as a target customer either.

Word is that the upper end models will have these fitted for extra oomph.

14A3877E-6FD8-4A62-92CD-A6AA7616FFD9.jpeg

They can either be mounted to run against the wheels or on the knuckles and dragged along the ground.

Back