My log of Alice's transformation into "my bike"

Tried my hand at wrapping Alice. Not satisfied with the results. Paint will be the answer.

This FINALLY arrived....**** EU to US shipping is still fubar.
20220831_122812.jpg

The stocker:
20220831_122749.jpg

Have Dyno setup Friday, and suspension tuning on Saturday...

There's a 1/3 mile roll race and 1/4 mile drag event on Sunday/Monday near my house. Only competition looks to be way too much of a beast, a 2000HP GTR lol, everyone else is 1000 hp or less, not worth the time, I already know Alice will walk them all since Mufasa did it with only 192hp back in '17.

I may run, but I need to get some seat time Saturday afternoon to recalibrate mentally for the extra power. A 60+ HP jump is ....a rather big one on a 57" wheelbase and 509lbs.

First ride testing of the Wilbers...incredible. I ordered this time declaring a rider weight of 170lbs, I weigh 190lbs, after learning from my experience with Wilbers spring rate selection.

I've setup an appointment on Saturday to have our local suspension master shop adjust everything to balance the bike.

Bang on perfect after softening damping adjuster by 4 clicks. Dips and ripples vanish, not smoother, completely gone. Sharp bumps are no longer kidney punchers, and bike doesn't wallow, doesn't wheelie as much, and doesn't wobble as much. The back of the bike became what the front is as stock, invisible, exactly like suspension should be.

Wilbers will be my go to shock forever now. As much as it helped Mufasa out, it was an even bigger change for Alice due to the pathetic trash Kawi used for the stock shock.

Custom, extremely conservative Woolich flash complete ;)

Note: It was 94f in the Dyno room and extremely humid.

Gen 4 ZX-10R header
Akra Ti link
Gen 6 ZX-10R muffler

Baseline:
178 @ 10700 / 92 @ 9700 with 2 degrees timing added on top end and ETV fully opened up with zero fuel tuning. A LOT of fuel needs to come out of the tables over 10500.

At my request:

-It's tuned....rich, intentionally leaving about 10hp un-tapped because running bikes are infinitely faster than broken ones 😂😂😂

-Timing was left very conservative, leaving another 5 or 10 untapped for the same reason.

Notes from Nate (Nels out of town):
- Muffler is somewhat restrictive compared to Brock alien head setup.
- Air filter should be swapped for a DNA. When I mentioned Sprint and MWR he laughed and said stick to stock or DNA.
- Don't bother with intercooler unless upgrading SC gears as well.

After fuel tuning and more than 2 degrees added up top:

208whp @ 13000
95lbft @ 11200

Totally content with 208/95 for a conservative tune I can ride the piss out of and not worry about engine health.

Mufasa power to weight with me: 3.6 lb per hp
Alice power to weight with me: 3.41 lb per hp

Awww yeah.

PS: Yes it's a handful now, thank the Kawi Engineers for variable power modes!!

PPS: Oddly enough timing table values from Mufasa are....almost identical to Alice at full throttle looooool.

Last edited:
Having fun yet? I love the "all in" aspect of your projects and can appreciate the research you put in as you go. Enjoy the process and then the ride! Keep me posted on Bonneville for 23. My offer still stands.

Yes, it's a fun bike both from a riding aspect and my amateur engineering aspect!

At this point I'm trying to stop myself from going full retard and building it from top to bottom lol.

Mufasa is going back together next week.
Pilot for Boneville is committed, I'm the backup pilot.

The list of pre-race work required is fairly short, so I'm going to get seat time on it to make sure everything is acceptable, then have the final tune done next summer on the hottest day I can.

Mostly just stuff like;
All fluids/consumables/hoses replaced
Tires
Setup suspension and controls for someone less than 6'3" 200lb
Lower both ends of the bike as much as possible
Ignition Kill cable
Fuel line fireguard

Then amassing all the spare parts, probably going to bring my complete extra engine to steal parts if required plus nearly 1 of everything else lol. I refuse to be sidelined because of a detent spring or clutch, or cable etc.

Unlike many efforts at privateer record passes, I have zero intention of just "seeing what it'll do", I'm going to do this once and I'm going to go all in on that one trip.

I still need to work out:
Toy hauler
17" Rear Wheel
Which Pirelli Slick goes out back (probably their super stick rain tire)
Crew accomodations

Have seen a LOT of inflated BS numbers being thrown around for the Z H2. 189whp stock baselines...lol no. 235whp with stock boost pressure and 13k redline ..lol no. 256 whp with 9% overdrive gears and decat exhaust....lol no.

The bikes really do 165-170 stock. Alice did 178 as mentioned with a bit of ECU tweaking already done as my baseline.

Here's the graph with a filthy air filter (actually matters on H2 series due to undersized filter):
received_774081770559605.jpeg

Added a DNA filter today, verified 3% output bump, so ~214.

Coincidentally, another Z owner with the same mods (I/E/Tune) except open loud muffler posted his tuned and baseline Dyno today. Looks like having a fairly quiet bike costs ~8whp. I'm willing to accept that.

Next up, ThreeD chain and then a long think on upgrade path after that.

Option A:
H2 cams - should be ~225whp

Option B:
9% overdrive + Intercooler - should be ~230whp

Whelp, a little tune refinement (11.9:1 over 10k rpm), a little cooler air (65f), a little actually manning up and pulling the trigger to 100% and... I'm done. Alice needs no more power, she's reached the point of "no, you may not ride it (with full power)" for just about anyone.

Pulls the front wheel even when I'm laying over the front in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and if there's any sort of bump or dip on the road 6th. Traction control going berserk in 1-3, and comes on in 4th over 8k.

Lofted the front at 153mph (actual not speedo) in 6th, met the 186 gauge limit (no idea what actual was) for the first time shortly after.

I now understand why so many tuned H2s run around with longer swingers....it needs it, legitimately.

I have 100% confidence I will never be a faster rider than Alice is a bike.

What I sent Nate after today's ride:
Screenshot_20220912-113906_Messenger.jpg

Back