My Carpenter 240 build

You let someone else work on your bike???:eek:

Risky business, doing it with engine running. I'd sooner get that port cover off even if I had to bust it and replace it
Ya I have anoth plug and complete cover. Figure I might as well update to the bilet clutch basket and MTC fibers.

Anyway yes the Titan was built by Carpenter not me. It had the 240 kit in it after the blower/multiple crankshaft problems. I bought it because the feller needed the money. Its neen back there and had the valve spring update so no duals. I called the shop when I first noticed the problem. (When I went to check the chain and couldn't) he walked me thru adjusting it at idle. Another thing i figured out is if you leave her in gear and roll pressire forward and constant you can take up the chain tension and adjust it without the inspection plug open. The key is the feel make sure you hook that O-ring and pull it out a few threads so there is no friction. Something you do not have to do with Nevs. Again Carpenter does mot make one they use the APE. Anyway put almost 20,000 on the engine and really hasn't been alot of tensioner adjustment needed.

Hey just a note if carpenter racing puts the inspection plug on so tight (like they did mine) so tight the the hex head suface is twisting. You wont be able to do it Arts way. I did mine running but also the same way. If I ever have to relax the chain or get where i want to try . Nevs manual tensioner is going back in mine even if I have to open the shoe up a bit. It is so smooth operating and visual quality makes the APE company look like they machine their parts with hatchets.
I didn't remove my plug, so its as tight as Triumph puts it on at the factory. Also of note the APE tensioner has been revised slightly. The nut that used to be held in place by a set screw has been replaced by a roll pin, and the body is annodised black now. Its longer than it needs to be (it wasn't designed for the rocket) but I found it to be a decent product as it is now. I also agree that @Neville Lush tensioner looks better made and its length is more suitable for the Rocket.

I see Arts concern doing while running. Never had a manual tensioner until now, so was looking for how you guys do it.

Ya I have anoth plug and complete cover. Figure I might as well update to the bilet clutch basket and MTC fibers.

Anyway yes the Titan was built by Carpenter not me. It had the 240 kit in it after the blower/multiple crankshaft problems. I bought it because the feller needed the money. Its neen back there and had the valve spring update so no duals. I called the shop when I first noticed the problem. (When I went to check the chain and couldn't) he walked me thru adjusting it at idle. Another thing i figured out is if you leave her in gear and roll pressire forward and constant you can take up the chain tension and adjust it without the inspection plug open. The key is the feel make sure you hook that O-ring and pull it out a few threads so there is no friction. Something you do not have to do with Nevs. Again Carpenter does mot make one they use the APE. Anyway put almost 20,000 on the engine and really hasn't been alot of tensioner adjustment needed.

So the red NA carpenter bike has had a blower on a previous revision?

I think you should run a thread with pics of all your bikes, their specs and their histories.
You owe us at least that :D

I noticed the low oil press light when the idle drops below 1000.(its not tuned yet so the idle is a little off) Is this normal, and what target idle speed is suggested for this build?

I noticed the low oil press light when the idle drops below 1000.(its not tuned yet so the idle is a little off) Is this normal, and what target idle speed is suggested for this build?
I set mine at 950 where the oil pressure is better. Stock or built

Dyno tomorrow if the weather cooperates!

Special thanks to Alain with a 9k tuneecu table for late model roadsters. And special thanks to Art,@R-III-R Turbo for getting Alain to fast track this for me. All I am certain of is more than 160hp!:D:D:D

No worries dude i hope your dyno day works out and you get like 220rwhp+.
Did you receive the email ok with the template 9k map for newer Roadsters?

I posted it in the resources section anyway, with the Carpenter 240 tables copied in.

Back