Thanks for the information.. but here in Singapore, the Avon front tire was going to cost me $380 and the Metzeler will be $250 (but I'll have to wait for 2 weeks). The price diff is too high for me right now, so I'll stick to the Metzelers.. Thank you all for sharing your input and knowledge.

FYI: I just changed my Avon front tire. It lasted about 12,000 MILES. Could have milked another 1,000 or so more miles out of it ... but I'm worth it. The Metz only lasted 7,000 miles. Consider your cost per mile of ownership. The Avon going 12,000 miles at $380 is .03166 cents per miles. The Mets going 7,000 miles at $250 is .03571 cents per mile. So the Avon is a more cost effective purchase and it handles SOOO much better. Get the Avon.

I had to change the stock Metz on the rear at 5500 miles. Could have maybe gotten another 1000 but I was about to go to RAA TX and ride the hill country, so I put the Exedra Max. I like it so far.

At 5500 miles the front would shake if I let go the handlebars below 65 mph, so I brought her to the dealer. He said everything was good except the front tire was worn funny. Air pressure has always been right. Now at 9700 miles it is worn, and still shakes.
I have a new Avon Cobra that should be delivered Wednesday, so hopefully I will have as good results as others have reported.

Last edited:
FYI: I just changed my Avon front tire. It lasted about 12,000 MILES. Could have milked another 1,000 or so more miles out of it ... but I'm worth it. The Metz only lasted 7,000 miles. Consider your cost per mile of ownership. The Avon going 12,000 miles at $380 is .03166 cents per miles. The Mets going 7,000 miles at $250 is .03571 cents per mile. So the Avon is a more cost effective purchase and it handles SOOO much better. Get the Avon.
I got FAR less out of my Avon - The Metz lasted about 7000kms cupping badly - the Cobra 6300kms and it wore very one sided. It depends very much how you ride, what your roads are like and what your ambient daytime temperatures are.

I just put on Avon front and Excedra max on the rear. Only ridden a few humdred miles. but it feels more sticky to me! ;)

I've got 8000 on my rear Metz and it wouldn't be half way through the tread depth - good roads (and only the occassional smoke break) and its only been 30c/85F on average so with summer to come she might wear more quickly but I'm happy with the Metz so far.

I've got 8000 on my rear Metz and it wouldn't be half way through the tread depth - good roads (and only the occassional smoke break) and its only been 30c/85F on average so with summer to come she might wear more quickly but I'm happy with the Metz so far.
What? Haven't you got any twisties over there,8000 k,s half worn. If I got those type of k,s I would still be using them:D

I went with a Bridgestone Exdra max for a rear.. stock tire is 240/50-17 ..I replaced it with a 240/55 total out the door from my local Honda dealer was $269. I got an install rebate for ordering the tire from them. Tire was $224 and $45 to have them put it on. Great tire so far.

Back