Metric Revolution TV Custom Rocket III

Just want to know????

I just want to know which one of the 2 bikes are you going to ride to the Barber Museum next year?

I'll make book on the latter. The brown one would get it's nose caught on the tar divider strips on the super slab.

Besides, the blue is you.:D

The brown one was designed by a 20 year old, eh?? Kid's smart. He obviously is planning a second career as a Chiropractor.:)

Last edited:
I am thinking it has air suspension that lowers it to the ground to park and raises it when it's time to go.

Kudos for using Rocket engines, but I have to admit, v-twins and parallel twins are better suited for choppers and the like. I would like to see a Rocket with an all chromed engine though.

Pig9r said:
I am thinking it has air suspension that lowers it to the ground to park and raises it when it's time to go.

Kudos for using Rocket engines, but I have to admit, v-twins and parallel twins are better suited for choppers and the like. I would like to see a Rocket with an all chromed engine though.

Makes sense to me. I only wish I had thought of it!:eek:

i bought some of the parts ray had left over from building the brown bike.. gotta tell ya for a 20 year old he has his stuff together.. cool guy. in case your not aware he had never built a bike before.

From the looks of things he probably had a LOT of parts left over

travelguy said:
in case your not aware he had never built a bike before.

Travelguy;
Building a bike in my reasoning, isn't taking parts from one bike and building another one, changing frame geometry and forming body panels from (I presume 'glass).

Building a bike in my sense of the phrase is actually doing some machining and frame building and real honest to goodness metal work. Yeah, this guy took a bunch of existing parts and remounted them in an ill riding and handling frame and then enclosed it on a nose cone that resembles the front of the new Pontiac Roadster. For a twenty year old, it's not bad. Would I own it, ride it or even give it a second glance at a show...no.

How'd you like to own a bike or should I say chopper with an engine that was actually machined from castings in the builders shop? Whose metal body panels were hammered out and imperfections filled with lead and then custom painted and air brushed by the builder? Whose frame was built in house from 4130 Chrome molly tubing? Whose induction system was built and tested in house? Whose wheels were machined from blanks in the builders shop? Finally, these bikes have a guarantee attached and that guarantee is simply that if anything fails during the life of the bike other than tires, drive belts and light bulbs, the builder will replace them at no charge. These bikes exist, right here in Michigan. You'd better have BIG STEEL HINGES on your wallet to buy one. I've ridden them and would like to possess one, but quite honestly can't afford one.

The kid has some talent for sure. Building any bike or car for that matter, even using production parts and getting all the parts to act harmoniously with one another is a procedure in trial and error, but the R3 engine don't lend itself to a custom frame as a vertical twin or V twin engine does. The inline parallel 3 in the R3 is more in keeping with an uncustomized road bike.

That is strictly my opinion, one that others here might not share.

Buiding Things Up

People used to chop bikes. Now they pretend to build choppers. Building choppers? What a misnomer! There ain't no building involved. Just the opposite. Butchering decent bikes up and ultimately reducing them to insolent gaudiness and terminal uselessness:rolleyes:

Jamie.

Its kind of like going to the freak show and looking at the two headed pig fetus in a jar.

Do either of those bikes have any kind of working final drive? It looks like there is some kind of bevel box on the blue one and I don't know what on the turd.

Back