Nussekudden

.020 Over
MC-Xpress will start producing the R3 turbo kit during the winter of 2006/2007.
They expect a kit price of about Sek 44.000 incl. 25% VAT for the same kit that are on my bike, plus a silencer. The kit will include hi/low switch, pressure gauge, clutch springs, intercooler, comp reduction, wastegate and everything else needed. That is about USD 4.880 without VAT and an exchange rate of 7,21 or EUR 3.830 at 9,21. If you like your own silencer or exclude some parts, the price will of course go down.

I have only about 2500km with the kit, but so far I’m more then pleased. You will get a bike that is as easy to drive as a standard Triumph Rocket but with acceleration as a NASA Rocket. This thing pulls harder the faster it goes as a real rocket does. The length and the weight of this bike make is faster then anything else out there, without a wheelie bar. I claim this since it still lift the front wheel (not high) at 5th gear in over 200km/h and 110kg driver hanging over the bars. A sport bike will wheelie much sooner and can therefore not keep up even if it has more power. I never lost traction, but a 70kg driver did manage an unintentional burnout. If this was due to the difference of the drivers weight or throttle handling is more of a guess. To avoid wheelies you just keep it below 3000 rpm up to third gear, below 4000 rpm on fourth, and 4500 on fifth. Believe it or not, but you will not use the “low” position (0,6bar, 230hp/330Nm)after you got used to it. The only reason to use it, as I can see, is if you have a passenger. I use a solo saddle, but I don’t think I would be able to hold on with a passenger holding on to me when using “Hi”.

My old tire was totally worn out after 6000km and I changed it before the dyno test. Strangely about half of the new one is still there after 2500km with the kit. About 1000km of those has been fast touring though.

I load only 0,8 bar for safety reasons, but the kit was intended for 1,0 bar. Maximum load pressure is 1,5 bar. 0,8 bar will give about 270hp and 430Nm on the back wheel and 1,0bar should give well over 300 hp and some 500Nm.

I recommend anyone who lives in a warm country or who have to deal with traffic jams to also include a larger radiator in the package. I use “WaterWetter” (lowers the engine temp) and the fan is almost always on when the temperature is above 25C.

Please feel free to mail me as a few of you already have. I will do what ever I can to answer any questions or help you in any other way I can.

You can find pictures of the kit in my photoalbum

Must... have... turbo.... :eek:

You know... I spent almost that much for a new AC/Heat pump for the house so the little woman would be happy, now if I can raise the bucks.... bake sale anyone?? :D

That is a good looking setup... it looks like it means business. I'll bet a Boss Hoss wouldn't walk away from that....

I guess that it doesn’t matter how many times I say this, but I insist that there is nothing to be afraid of. It’s like when you first heard of the Rocket. It was almost twice as large as anything else and therefore must be a beast to drive and at least I was a bit scared of it. Then you tried it, loved it, and suddenly everything else was slow and boring. This is the same thing, only faster.

I’m no speed freak. Or at least did not use to be. Old timers, choppers and custom bikes is what I have been riding all my life. 3 years ago I had a 1962 Panhead with some 48hp. I could not afford a Rocket, so I spent a lost summer on a boring Valk before I got my very own Rocket one happy summer, and now the turbo. That is too little time on modern bikes for an old man to become the best of pilots. I survive be course I know my limits, and a stock Rocket is already more then enough to get in trouble on. Even if you have 500hp, it won’t go faster then you want to. The throttle has more options then all or nothing. In fact, I plan my driving more carefully now, and I no longer race red lights (well, not as often). This thing is so fast that you want an open road before you use it all.

About Boss Hoss, I can say they will not walk away, even if I never had a chance to try. Calculated with an 110kg driver, the small block has less hp/kg ratio and less torque then the turbo R3. The big block has less torque and more hp/kg with the same calculation and I guess it might be faster, even with that 2 step automatic gearbox, but it will have to fight for it. Then again, you can always load more….

And Toystoretom, that AC might not been such a good idea. I prefer hot women and cool bikes.

No... the AC was a good idea considering the heat wave we are in.. The old unit was about to become scrap metal no matter what :eek: .

Are you part of MC-Xpress or just a customer?

That sure is tempting.....

I'm only a customer, but I have become a fan also. I was looking for an alternative to the Turbo Connection kit. MC-Express thought it was a fun project, so I got a very good price as a first off. They have a solid reputation here in Scandinavia and in Canada for their turbo kits for snowmobiles, bikes and anything else you can fit a turbo on, and that is why I took a chance and sent the bike to them. I spent 2 full days in their workshop and it don't look like much from the outside or the inside, but these guys are artists for sure.

The main reason why I speak so warmly about this kit, or any other for that matter, is that I'm so pleased with it and wish you all could try it.

So far I have not seen a post from anyone riding a Turbo Connection kit or supercharger. I would love to hear what their experience is.

Back