Maggie valley June 2019

My son was able to get his Rocket running again, the one I'll be riding if I'm able to attend. He removed the tank, dumped the gas, refilled with fresh and fuel additive and installed a new battery. She fired right up. Below is a pic of it before he headed out on a ride.
Eric's 07.jpg

Before I depart for home I'm going to pull his exhaust shields and tips to send them to a place in NC that Paul Bryant told me about. When I owned the bike a friend took them to a place south of Olymp0ia, WA to have black ceramic coating applied along with his. When I got them back I called them to explain that it didn't look like ceramic coating and the owner told me "Oh yeah, we don't do that anymore so we applied high temp powder coating". As I expected, it is pealing so I'll take care of it for my son with the place in NC. I believe this is the place but will check with Paul again before sending the parts off to be recoated.

It’s beautiful Mike!!!!!!

It’s beautiful Mike!!!!!!

Thank you. I put a lot of touring miles on that 07 before giving it to my son riding across country, plus most of the western states, British Columbia and Alberta. A set of Progressive 440s fixed the squishy handling problems with a Corbin seat and Clearview wind screen making it a very comfortable touring bike. A friend who owns a paint and body shop used auto paint on the shrouds.

Thank you. I put a lot of touring miles on that 07 before giving it to my son riding across country, plus most of the western states, British Columbia and Alberta. A set of Progressive 440s fixed the squishy handling problems with a Corbin seat and Clearview wind screen making it a very comfortable touring bike. A friend who owns a paint and body shop used auto paint on the shrouds.

The Corbin sets it off

Mike that is the bike you bougfht at D&Ds is it not, in fact I was at the shop when you bought it -first time I met you.
You remember correctly. and Alicia bought the Speedmaster at the same time. I had Dink install the Rivco risers, cat delete and Rivco highway bars at time of purchase.

We bought the bikes to ride with the Blasen'-a-Trail Combat Helo Pilot Riders Group to Daytona Bike Week. There a memorial ceremony was being held for Army Captain Matt Mattingly, Alicia's fiance who was killed in Iraq in 2006 when his helo was shot down over Mosul.

Last edited:
IMG_0370.JPG

My son was able to get his Rocket running again, the one I'll be riding if I'm able to attend. He removed the tank, dumped the gas, refilled with fresh and fuel additive and installed a new battery. She fired right up. Below is a pic of it before he headed out on a ride.
Eric's 07.jpg

Before I depart for home I'm going to pull his exhaust shields and tips to send them to a place in NC that Paul Bryant told me about. When I owned the bike a friend took them to a place south of Olymp0ia, WA to have black ceramic coating applied along with his. When I got them back I called them to explain that it didn't look like ceramic coating and the owner told me "Oh yeah, we don't do that anymore so we applied high temp powder coating". As I expected, it is pealing so I'll take care of it for my son with the place in NC. I believe this is the place but will check with Paul again before sending the parts off to be recoated.

It looks good like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to be clear...if you are "in" for Monday night 6/24 in Little Switzerland, then make a reservation @
Skyline Village Inn
12255 NC-226, Spruce Pine, NC 28777
(828) 765-9394
Google Maps

Little Switzerland is north on BRP from Maggie Valley (but we're not riding the BRP the whole way there).

The Indian rally in Cherokee is the other direction, south of Maggie Valley via BRP.
IF you are "in" for the Indian rally, that is where we're going on Tuesday 6/25 via the Rattler. (Home base for that is Super 8, Cherokee)

Done reservation. See'ya in Maggie Valley.

Back