MaggieValley, the aftermath,,,,,,,

IMG_20190907_085144292.jpg
IMG_20190826_143728790.jpg

The advantages of less power. This bike is heavier than a R3 and most of the miles are 2-up plus luggage, so it's not the weight that does them in. Almost 12,000 miles on this rear tire & still going.
Arguably better looking than an R3, too.

My gosh but that's a beautiful Indian. Is it a Chief? I'm still confused by the Indian models. It looks like you have a set of true duals on it. What kind of tires are you running and what kind of exhaust is it?

My gosh but that's a beautiful Indian. Is it a Chief? I'm still confused by the Indian models. It looks like you have a set of true duals on it. What kind of tires are you running and what kind of exhaust is it?
Thanks Mike. It's a "Roadmaster", Therese picked it out, she was "drawn to it". The test ride sold me. Very comfortable.

I added a free-er air cleaner and the Freedom true duals to eliminate the cat and reduce heat.

The tires are still the OEM originals Dunlop E 3s.

@mexican wait till you hear this one, the other day Dan was cleaning the engine on his BMW, he grabbed a can of Gunk and sprayed the engine down good, both sides, he even warmed the engine up first, so it would work better. Except he didn't look close at the can, it wasn't Gunk, it was contact adhesive. He's spent two days now trying to get it off. Make sure you mention it next time you see him.

Last edited:
@mexican wait till you hear this one,today Dan was cleaning the engine on his BMW, he grabbed a can of Gunk and sprayed the engine down good, both sides, he even warmed the engine up first, so it would work better. Except he didn't look close at the can, it wasn't Gunk, it was contact adhesive. He's spent two days now trying to get it off. Make sure you mention it next time you see him.
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:You bet!!!

Thanks Mike. It's a "Roadmaster", Therese picked it out, she was "drawn to it". The test ride sold me. Very comfortable.

I added a free-er air cleaner and the Freedom true duals to eliminate the cat and reduce heat.

The tires are still the OEM originals Dunlop E 3s.

Well Ms T has excellent taste. That's one whoppin' big heavy bike but I guess it's weight is similar to any full size bagger. I'd love to be able to ride something like that again. I test road a stripped down Dark Horse and found it to feel a lot lighter than it actually was. That might be an alternative for me. I keep upgrading my Scout, hoping I can turn it into a tourer, but it is still just a mid sized, nimble bike.

Back