Maggie valley June 2019

I'm not quite so sure that I'm going to make it
It don't look as bad as it feels
You guys hanging out of best you can
First off I'm glad the surgery turned out okay! I've been there and I know how weak you must feel but once you get home and can start eating home cooking and moving about you will be surprised how quickly you recover. At the end of the first week I could walk to the other side of the road to collect the mail, 20 minute rest and walk back inside. Three weeks later I walked about 1/2 mile up a steep hill for dinner and a few beers at a friends house. That summer I was back on the Rocket. Always look on the bright side of life,,,,

I'm not quite so sure that I'm going to make it
It don't look as bad as it feels
You guys hanging out of best you can

Damm Joey ! That's a hell of a zipper ya got there ! Glad they were able to fix your plumbing. Lupe woulda probably done it cheaper ;). Get well my friend. If you don't make it this year, there is always next year. If you feel good enough to hang out, come on down. Half the fun doesn't involve a motorcycle !

The one thing i have noticed and really stands out from the Rocket crowd is it is more about the individual and not his bike. Unlike the Harley crowd that has to one up each other this crowd seems to be more interested in the rider. Sure riding a Rocket is great but these folks don't really seem to care what you ride. Caught a lot of slack not riding one day down here in Oklahoma on a run. Rolled with it because it was well deserved. Even so believe made a few friends that weekend and enjoyed it very much. The only other run i have made was Leaky Texas. Just a hand full of folks but well worth the time. This run should be fantastic. Will i be on my best behavior not even. Will i be loud and obnoxious you bet. Will i sleep in for a day just might. Will i catch shi% for that yes. Will i grin and take it? You bet. Kind of got this crowd figured out and like very much.

Back in a previous life we had what was known as The Rendezvous. This is where the wild backwoods folk and great plainsmen came on an annual pilgrimage to swap furs, lies, yarns of wild things encountered, boisterous hoopla, shooting contests, food, salt and necessities like lead and powder and to take a swig from a jug with one another before riding off as the same individuals full of freedom that they were when they rode in. No one asked for understanding. Things like that are unwritten truths between like minded people. It's a time to sit a bit and listen. To laugh. TO FEAST. Before we return to our own personal wild frontiers until the next rendezvous. Come as you are. Leave your everyday world for a brief visit. Recharge. Relax. Git outta my da♧◇♡♤ kitchen. Saddle up your ponies and ride like the wind.

Back in a previous life we had what was known as The Rendezvous. This is where the wild backwoods folk and great plainsmen came on an annual pilgrimage to swap furs, lies, yarns of wild things encountered, boisterous hoopla, shooting contests, food, salt and necessities like lead and powder and to take a swig from a jug with one another before riding off as the same individuals full of freedom that they were when they rode in. No one asked for understanding. Things like that are unwritten truths between like minded people. It's a time to sit a bit and listen. To laugh. TO FEAST. Before we return to our own personal wild frontiers until the next rendezvous. Come as you are. Leave your everyday world for a brief visit. Recharge. Relax. Git outta my da♧◇♡♤ kitchen. Saddle up your ponies and ride like the wind.

JW Poe :cool:

Back