Rocket loud on shifting? Try a Harley, the shift can be heard over the pipes from ten bike lengths ahead of the HD.

There was almost exactly the same post about a week ago re this on a Roadster.

Try the older bikes, like my 05 they're really bad.

Good oil and correct adjustment is critical, I am currently rebuilding to later model Roadster parts to see if this helps, as it sounds like its destroying the gearbox.

...and with all the oil and adjustment, it will still sound loud compared to some of the foreign bikes. It's just the nature of the beast.

Thanks to all. Sounds like it's normal and nothing to worry about as long as I use good synthetic oil. Much appreciated...

Thanks in advance for all your help and advice. I just bought a 2011 Rocket III touring and find the shifting loud but solid. Is that a normal thing or should I be concerned?
Welcome aboard, from Maine. I found the shifting to be much less clunky when I changed over to the Ram Air air filter. Can't explain why but very definitely much quieter, my pillion also commented.

Hoopla

Thanks in advance for all your help and advice. I just bought a 2011 Rocket III touring and find the shifting loud but solid. Is that a normal thing or should I be concerned?
I have 2 Roadsters (a 2011 and 2016). The 11 (<3000 miles) shifts smooth and silky. The 16 (16000 miles) shifts like a Harley, very clunky. Oil brands and type do nothing.....it is the way it is. I will say, a properly adjusted clutch cable makes a very notable difference.

Funny I have no clunk when shifting. I'm taking the bike back to Truimph and getting it fixed. Really disappointed.o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Hi Sonny , I have no clunks when shifting up only when shifting down but a little blip on the throttle each time does smooth it out , what gearbox oil do you use :) ?

Back