Lost keys for sissy bar

jtanc39

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket Touring 2008
hi guys,

I've just gotten myself a used rocket touring 2008 that came with a sissy bar. Unfortunately the previous owner lost the key to it. Just wondering if it's actually possible to remove it without unlocking? Any help would be appreciated!

Have you tried your ignition key yet?

You could always drill out the lock center and then sell it to a ready buyer or if there are some code numbers on the lock face, you should be able to get a replacement key from Triumph as long as you can prove ownership of the bike.

Want to Buy - Touring sissy bar

Have you tried your ignition key yet?

You could always drill out the lock center and then sell it to a ready buyer or if there are some code numbers on the lock face, you should be able to get a replacement key from Triumph as long as you can prove ownership of the bike.

Want to Buy - Touring sissy bar
Definitely tried the ignition key and the fuel tank cap key. Unfortunately both didn't work.

Definitely tried the ignition key and the fuel tank cap key. Unfortunately both didn't work.

Are the ignition key and the fuel tank cap key interchangeable? Did you find a key code on any lock?

Touring riders/owners may be able to advise on the keying - I think the detachable back rest was an accesory and may have different keying.

It may also help to ask the administrators to switch this thread to the Touring forum Rocket III Touring Forum

I think the Triumph part number is A9758067

Here are the mounting instructions and part list, It may help you:

http://triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9758067-EN.pdf

Triumph Rocket III Touring Chrome Quick Release Sissy Bar A9758067 AU

Last edited:
Oh ya,I almost forgot,when they gave me my bike from the dealership,they gave me an extra lock cylinder that matches the key. Quote "DO NOT lose this,you can't get another one" give the previews owner a call and check....probably in a junk drawer somewhere.

when you buy your rocket T new, the ignition key unlocks all and it comes with a spare core to be used if you buy the windshield lock. I would just drill it out and leave it unlocked, nobody steels rockets they don't even know what they are!!!

when you buy your rocket T new, the ignition key unlocks all and it comes with a spare core to be used if you buy the windshield lock. I would just drill it out and leave it unlocked, nobody steels rockets they don't even know what they are!!!
We'll. ..they don't exactly KNOW what it really is....but they all pee a little when they think about swinging their leg over it:p

Back