Looks like someone has taken a picture of a Diavel, cut it out, and stuck different bits over the top. If there was not a triumph emblem on the tank, it would look Italian. may stick a MV brutale exhaust on it :)
I love it when new bikes come out, but I just think it could have included a bit more heritage.

I sat on a Vmax recently and learned a valuable lesson, 6 footers need not apply.

Legs splayed out like a 2 bit hooker by the intakes, wider than the rocket, and nothing preventing the jewels from meeting the tank except your arms.

Pass.

One thing no ones discussed about the new R3 is tank width. Triumph over the last 10-15 years have made it a point to narrow the tanks, to make it feel smaller under you. I bet this was carries to the R3, and if so, I bet it feels deceptively small compared to the old model that is quite wide in the waist.
Spot on bro. The old R3 tank feels and looks overly large and I have not seen another motorcycle with a tank like that except the Boss Hoss. If you are used to the old tank the new one will be a huge change. Interesting paradox of facts here, bigger motor and feels like a smaller bike.

It's actually not significantly smaller than the current bike, and that's a fact.

It appears smaller only. Front of front wheel to back of back wheel is within 1 inch of current. Height is actually taller on the new bike.

This will be proven the first day one lands at the Seattle Triumph dealer and go with a tape measure, but I know I'm right already.

It's actually not significantly smaller than the current bike, and that's a fact.

It appears smaller only. Front of front wheel to back of back wheel is within 1 inch of current. Height is actually taller on the new bike.

This will be proven the first day one lands at the Seattle Triumph dealer and go with a tape measure, but I know I'm right already.
I bet they love when you come to visit

I sit here thinking 20K (English) for 20HP more (I can get more with an air filter, and y-pipe for my 2007) if I want speed and danger I can spend 4K on a supercharger, if i want sporty I add some rear sets and renthal bars. When I look at what some R3 owners have done to their bikes and then think could you get the same cool look from the new one ?.
If I was a fan of electronics maybe I would be swayed. but electronics stopped me buying a K1600 after constantly hearing people moan about a) garage time, b)how long it takes to set up and ride).
Took me 6 months to decide on the R3 classic, I could have waited for the prod new R3 but it just did not figure in my short list . I had it down to the sheer menace of the VMAX1700 or the class of the R3 Classic.

But everyone to their own and respect for that :)

went to the unveiling of the new roadster and GT last week , I'm glad I was disappointed as by the time I got to the dealers I had convinced myself I could probably be persuaded to place an order ! They done it again , gurt big sexy engine shoehorned into a motorcycle built for a 5ft 9stone rider ! I hate the way motorcycle manufacturers are pigeon holeing bikers as all being built like gp riders . If they want to build bikes for midgets that's fine I'm not a midgetist , but why can't they build the same bikes for bigger riders also ? It's discrimination is what it is . That and saving money on materials ! I didn't even stay for the talk . walked around em twice , admired the fit and finish then got side tracked by a zzr 1400 and then further side tracked by the fried chicken shop opposite !

inspire-uplift-pelvic-muscle-hip-trainer-pelvic-muscle-hip-trainer-12292093444195_1000x.jpg

This looks pretty wrong too... but she won't fall off the bike :D

Back