went to the unveiling of the new roadster and GT last week , I'm glad I was disappointed as by the time I got to the dealers I had convinced myself I could probably be persuaded to place an order ! They done it again , gurt big sexy engine shoehorned into a motorcycle built for a 5ft 9stone rider ! I hate the way motorcycle manufacturers are pigeon holeing bikers as all being built like gp riders . If they want to build bikes for midgets that's fine I'm not a midgetist , but why can't they build the same bikes for bigger riders also ? It's discrimination is what it is . That and saving money on materials ! I didn't even stay for the talk . walked around em twice , admired the fit and finish then got side tracked by a zzr 1400 and then further side tracked by the fried chicken shop opposite !
If Claviger is correct it should not be as small as it first appears. Are you saying it is small? I’m 6’2 so I hope fit on it.o_O

You'll fit fine, at 6'2" I can comfortably sit on a bobber with the seat raised to its highest position. That is a tiny, ity bity bike, it's like a motorcycle, but smaller.

They would have to do some serious ****ery to make it so a 6 footer won't fit the R3.

went to the unveiling of the new roadster and GT last week , I'm glad I was disappointed as by the time I got to the dealers I had convinced myself I could probably be persuaded to place an order ! They done it again , gurt big sexy engine shoehorned into a motorcycle built for a 5ft 9stone rider ! I hate the way motorcycle manufacturers are pigeon holeing bikers as all being built like gp riders . If they want to build bikes for midgets that's fine I'm not a midgetist , but why can't they build the same bikes for bigger riders also ? It's discrimination is what it is . That and saving money on materials ! I didn't even stay for the talk . walked around em twice , admired the fit and finish then got side tracked by a zzr 1400 and then further side tracked by the fried chicken shop opposite !

ZZR 1400 ?? Tell us more about that. Please. My son has a ZX 14. Is the ZZR 1400 something different ?

went to the unveiling of the new roadster and GT last week , !

Surprised that the bikes are available for display over there..... thought they were being kept under wraps till later in the year????????

I remember well the feeling i was feeling as i rode my brand new 2016 Roadster away from the shop and down thru town towards home...the bike felt familiar because i had just dropped my 2014 into the shop to be sold on behalf, but the sheer thrill of a brand new bike that i had just paid cash for will stay with me forever...i just have to close my eyes and drift back...
If i was lucky enough to be able to do that again with a brand new GT i cant imagine how my senses would react!...There are things i'm not sure if i like on the new bike but i could mold my thinking into liking it i'm sure. Now i'm not planning on buying one but moving forward with progress and being part of it is very rewarding.If i ever have the chance to swing my leg over one of these new R3's and taking it for a squirt i will be grinning like a kid at xmas!

The pre production bike I see 2 weeks ago definitely was smaller than my roadster .

Attachments

• 20190921_132511.jpg
    20190921_132511.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 2
Surprised that the bikes are available for display over there..... thought they were being kept under wraps till later in the year????????
so did I? But no , a Wednesday evening unveiling for one night only . 1 TFC and 1 Gt ! for an hour , with some proud factory representatives and an order book for the 2020 model range ! The adventures , bobbers and Thruxton were there to be fawned over , where' as the 2 R3s were elevated on stands and corderned off with do not touch signs , along with a large display of ridiculously priced Triumph accessories ! Completely overshadowing the 2 new Katana models they had just taken delivery of . Again , built for midgets ! The Katanas are still there , but all that remains of the R3s is some large cardboard wall hangings !

ZZR 1400 ?? Tell us more about that. Please. My son has a ZX 14. Is the ZZR 1400 something different ?
I would say probably the same bike ? lime green or black with green accents and very big Akroprovic can ! definitely a bike to accommodate just about any size rider and looks fast standing still ! will return and get some pictures . Must admit tho that the bike getting the most attention by far was the new supercharged kwak H2 gp . A beautiful bike with lots of carbon , a single seat and a price tag of £32000 gbp . but again , not much use to anyone larger than Valentino Rossi!

Back