Looking for recommendations for a gel seat

Hi I'm going to be doing some serious miles in Spain and was thinking about a gel seat.
Any recommendations please?
I found that the gel seat gets incredibly hot while sitting in the sun. Otherwise, it's pretty comfortable. I need a back rest so I got a dual touring with backrest.

Honestly when it comes to seats I've had the best luck with gel. My Suzuki had a factory gel option which worked well. All my other seats I've just added the gel insert myself. I have used the Conformax, Saddleman and some other brand I just picked up at Sturgis. It does get hot when the bike is sitting in the sun, I've never found it any hotter when riding. Watch some Youtube videos on it, it's simple to install. Side cutters, Jiffy marker, side grinder and air stapler is all you need.

Hi I'm going to be doing some serious miles in Spain and was thinking about a gel seat.
Any recommendations please?

I have a Triumph gel seat set and it is very comfy. But had discomfort after a few hours of straight riding. Put a Airhawk seat pad on top and is great. I did a saddle sore ride the week after I put it on and had no problems during or after the ride. Would walk around during fuel stops for a few minutes and was fine. My son just put a Airhawk on his Valcan stock seat and has no problem.

I use a natural sheep skin for all day comfort.

Bill,
Have you used one of these and if so, how was it in the rain?
I went with the beads after talking to several riders at RAA IX who swore by them.
I would give a sheep a try as well, if I heard some positive feed back.

Bill,
Have you used one of these and if so, how was it in the rain?
I went with the beads after talking to several riders at RAA IX who swore by them.
I would give a sheep a try as well, if I heard some positive feed back.
I bet the sheep skin is great in the rain and smells good too

Back