LED indicator resistor

I do not know what the difference between them is all I know is that the one I use works, now DEcosse is the electrical genius on this and other sites and he knows his stuff so buy both they are only a few quid and it is always nice to have a spare.
Also DEcosse is from my part of Scotland and would a Scotsman ever tell you porky pies

I believe it is the PIN pattern, which direction the current flows when the relay closes. Source versus drain. This is my opinion, do not take as fact without checking for yourself.

Capture1.PNG

Last edited:
Yes, it would seem to matter.

The RELAY CF-13 or CF-14 is Number 17; the Indicator Direction switch is 14. If you use the wrong relay the circuit won't work because if GND is your source, the internals of the relay will not charge (shouldn't if it has a protection diode on the inside to stop flyback currents).

I'll go measure it out this weekend because I can't tell from their drawings or their part numbering which is which. Alternatively at $8CAD each, you could just order one of each and give it a try. But know I'm curious so stand by!
Capture2.PNG
Yes.

Last edited:
The CF13GL-02 & the CF14JL-02 appear to be same configuration

cf13gl-02-front.jpg

High-Quality-CF14-JL-02-Flasher-Relay-Fix-LED-SMD-Fast-Indicator-Blinker-Decoder-Electronic-Turn.jpg

But the CF13JL-02 has the opposite polarity

ZS0706_big.jpg

So the naming convention does not follow either the 3/4 or G/L to determine which polarity is which!!! :D

Yes, it definitely matters!
So you can use a CF13GL-02 OR a CF14JL-02 but not a CF13JL-02*

(* Actually you can if you swap over the terminals in the socket - I recommend against doing that though, as it changes the standard configuration from OEM and who knows what or who may have to deal with that undocumented change somewhere in the future)

Last edited:
I’ve ordered the one DEcosse recommended but can someone tell me if I have to cut the front indicator wires and rejoin or are there connectors on them?

Back