I also upgraded my Rocket to Led Headlights, 70 euros for both. I don't know how is the original "headlights setup", but previous owner sets the Rocket with 1 Highbeam (with blue parking light) and 1 Lowbeam white/cream, matching the Rocket colors; but....at night.......useless! So I made a new wiring (easy and cheap, with Faston and a strange piece of plastic with 1 screw and 1 hole), put new led headlights on, and......the sun is less bright!:D

Attachments

• faro.jpg
    faro.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20190315_21613.jpg
    IMG_20190315_21613.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 32
Goodonya for upgrading the pispoorest MC headlights on earth!!!

Yeah, but thei'r much better than stock. Not spending 400$ on headlamps. Mine have fogged a little but, they run cool and don't place much load on the battery or stator. The only draw back is that it is a pain to fit the bucket trim back on. I used zip-ties instead the screws.

If you need more real lights, get a bar. Some of these things will melt anything in front of them.

If anyone has not upgraded to LED headlights from stock do it now. I just slapped a pair of these on my 2014 roadster for $95. Huge improvement over stock and takes 10 mins to fit.

Left is stock right is new LED (obviously).
IMG_2499.JPG IMG_2503.JPG

Here is a problem that I hope you guys can help me with. Here is the sequence of what I did:

1) I replaced the stock left headlight with one of the new Funlove LEDs, turned on the ignition to test, and both left (new light) and right (stock light) lit fine.
2) I then tightened the mounting screw on the new headlight, turned on ignition again, and both left and right lights flashed once, then went dark.
3) I checked the fuse's continuity and it is fine. Also tried a fresh fuse. Still no headlight or tail light. No high beam either.
4) Bike will start, but neither headlights nor tail light will work, though brake light will light.

Suggestions? I thought sure it would be the headlights fuse, but it's not. What am I missing?

I'd check the fuse - likely something shorted during install.
After that my 'lectrical wad s shot & I call Ken @DEcosse.

Check Fuse #8
Did you remove the bulbs from the park light sockets? If fuse blown that is what does it - it shorts the terminals together without the bulbs in there.
If the running light circuit is not active then the headlights will not be either since the running light circuit enables the headlight relay

(even though you are replacing the fuse it will likely be blowing again immediately till you resolve the park light socket issue)

Meltdown averted!
Check Fuse #8
Did you remove the bulbs from the park light sockets? If fuse blown that is what does it - it shorts the terminals together without the bulbs in there.
If the running light circuit is not active then the headlights will not be either since the running light circuit enables the headlight relay

(even though you are replacing the fuse it will likely be blowing again immediately till you resolve the park light socket issue)

That's what it was; and yes, I did remove the park light sockets.
I was just now in the garage going through everything once again, and discovered the no. 8 fuse blown; replaced it and everything lit up as normal. I was confused because in the manual is says that fuse 8 is "Clock, Position lights." It never occurred to me that those little devils had such power.
Learning new R3 info every day.
Many thanks for the explanation Now I can ride tomorrow.

Meltdown averted!

That's what it was; and yes, I did remove the park light sockets.
I was just now in the garage going through everything once again, and discovered the no. 8 fuse blown; replaced it and everything lit up as normal. I was confused because in the manual is says that fuse 8 is "Clock, Position lights." It never occurred to me that those little devils had such power.
Learning new R3 info every day.
Many thanks for the explanation Now I can ride tomorrow.
So what exactly did you do to get your LEDs working properly?
I'm looking at grabbing a set of Funlove'a as well.
Thanks in advance!

I bought and installed the Sunpie LEDs last July. Plug and play, work great, look very similar to the HD Daymaker, $40 each on Amazon at the time.

If anyone has not upgraded to LED headlights from stock do it now. I just slapped a pair of these on my 2014 roadster for $95. Huge improvement over stock and takes 10 mins to fit.

Left is stock right is new LED (obviously).
IMG_2499.JPG IMG_2503.JPG
yep did the same about 3 years back; well worth it; plug and play folks

Back