Large man needs help.

Big Sid

Standard Bore
Ride
2013 triumph rocket lll touring
Just picked up a 2013 r3t to replace my 99 valk. I love the bike, but that being said. Its not as comfortable as my valk was. I'm 6'8" and 370lb. I looking for handlebars and seat options for really tall folks. I've done some Googleing but nothing to show for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did find this forum so thats a win. Thanks all.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1592427359559.jpg
    FB_IMG_1592427359559.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 38
Welcome to the site Sid and congrats on the fine purchase. Since the Touring hasn't been made by Triumph for a few years, a lot of the accessories have dried up. @Ishrub is the contact for that dwindling supply especially for the Touring. He'll give you more info than the old Encyclopedia Britannica plus he stocks and sells most of the stuff too. :)

At your height it'd probably be best to get some custom seat work done to put you further back from the bars and foot controls. Russel Daylong seats are a bit pricey, but they get measurements on you, and your bike to give you the most comfortable fit possible.
Adding cruising pegs would also help to let you stretch your legs.

WELCOME!! from Miami Florida. It takes a bit of hunting sometimes; but I'm sure you'll find what you need or a direction to them from folks here in short order...
-MIG

At your height it'd probably be best to get some custom seat work done to put you further back from the bars and foot controls. Russel Daylong seats are a bit pricey, but they get measurements on you, and your bike to give you the most comfortable fit possible.
Adding cruising pegs would also help to let you stretch your legs.
Corbin do seats for tall or short riders riders too just need to specify when ordering. At 6'8" @Steel is correct you need h'way pegs for a stretch. I do have the R3Touring original Triumph Longhaul Dual and the similar Solo Bucket with Comfort Pillion accessory seats but am unsure if they would improve the fit you have with the stock R3Touring Dual seat.
@BigNorm is a big bloke on a R3T too and he cut out and reshaped his own stock seat and made huge risers for his bars that I think he has now ditched or re-made stronger following his crash.

There are handle bar options from using the R3 Classic bars T2043580 but with your height you may be happy with stock Roadster ones.
Classic
1605482619513.png

Aftermarket T bars are available from a UK forum member who has sold over 400 sets worldwide @chandelierman he does batches periodically for about GBP135 for plain steel and posts worldwide.

NZ Thunderbike from New Zealand make a few versions in 1.25" and 1.5" NZ$600-700 (US$410-480)
1605482439642.png

Corbin do seats for tall or short riders riders too just need to specify when ordering. At 6'8" @Steel is correct you need h'way pegs for a stretch. I do have the R3Touring original Triumph Longhaul Dual and the similar Solo Bucket with Comfort Pillion accessory seats but am unsure if they would improve the fit you have with the stock R3Touring Dual seat.
@BigNorm is a big bloke on a R3T too and he cut out and reshaped his own stock seat and made huge risers for his bars that I think he has now ditched or re-made stronger following his crash.

There are handle bar options from using the R3 Classic bars T2043580 but with your height you may be happy with stock Roadster ones.
Classic
1605482619513.png

Aftermarket T bars are available from a UK forum member who has sold over 400 sets worldwide @chandelierman he does batches periodically for about GBP135 for plain steel and posts worldwide.

NZ Thunderbike from New Zealand make a few versions in 1.25" and 1.5" NZ$600-700 (US$410-480)
1605482439642.png
The thunderbike site said they do not fit the touring bike. Should I send an email asking if he has an option for touring?

Hi! I'm 6'3'' (not as tall as you)), but I'm still uncomfortable. I have a standard seat and highway pegs with long mounts set. I put my heel on footboard and my toe on peg. This is much more convenient.

Back