Large man needs help.

The thunderbike site said they do not fit the touring bike. Should I send an email asking if he has an option for touring?
Ahh maybe the distance between the risers on the Roadster is less than the R3Touring?
I am not near my project 2010 R3T to check. I have the 1.5" Thunderbike bars on my 2010 R3 Roadster out the back though, and it has a 1" cross bar to fit the stock riser clamps. My R3 Touring is a project still so I haven't ridden it yet.
Roadsters, Tourings and Classics all use 1" handlebars at the riser clamps and are interchangeable. Some R3Touring owners do not like the wrist angle with stock R3 Touring bars apparently. That is why 1" R3 'Classic' bars can and are used by R3 Touring and R3 Roadster riders.

At your height it'd probably be best to get some custom seat work done to put you further back from the bars and foot controls. Russel Daylong seats are a bit pricey, but they get measurements on you, and your bike to give you the most comfortable fit possible.
Adding cruising pegs would also help to let you stretch your legs.
That is my exact setup and it's close, but not perfect. I still end up with bilateral hip pain after a couple hours on the Day Long, but that may be due to old age more than anything. BTW, I'm 6'6" and 260 pounds.

Attachments

• 20200708_151747.jpg
    20200708_151747.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 20
That is my exact setup and it's close, but not perfect. I still end up with bilateral hip pain after a couple hours on the Day Long, but that may be due to old age more than anything. BTW, I'm 6'6" and 260 pounds.
Well you have the pinnacle of seats so just foot position and joint angles to adjust or have options for. Try an extra set of short h'way pegs attached to your foot rails with 1" clamps. Lots of versions available on eBay under $100. RIVCO Honda GL1800 ones fit perfectly and excellent quality.

1606461383561.png

Last edited:
6’5” - 350. I got short legs Things that improved my roadster the most was the Russel day long seat huge improvement. Rivco handlebar risers. Crash bars and crash pegs. The seat pushed me back and up a few inches which made a huge difference in knee angle and the ability to stretch out my upper body. Replaced the rear shocks which smoothed the ride out and put in née front springs also - use to get beat down in 2-3 hours now with this setup all day is a treat.

6’5” - 350. I got short legs Things that improved my roadster the most was the Russel day long seat huge improvement. Rivco handlebar risers. Crash bars and crash pegs. The seat pushed me back and up a few inches which made a huge difference in knee angle and the ability to stretch out my upper body. Replaced the rear shocks which smoothed the ride out and put in née frornt springs also - use to get beat down in 2-3 hours now with this setup all day is a treat.
I have the Rivco risers too, but have yet to install them.

they went on pretty easy. Next mod will be to get longer cables. Things are just a little to snug for my liking with the risers
I'm assuming throttle and clutch cables? I thought by relocating the cables per the instructions, there's no need for longer cables. What year/model bike do you have?

I'm assuming throttle and clutch cables? I thought by relocating the cables per the instructions, there's no need for longer cables. What year/model bike do you have?
It works with the cables rerouting. I just want a little more give. I have a 2017 roadster. Over all pretty happy with the product.

6’8” - 210, all depends on the real arm/leg length. I fit comfortably on my standard 2015 roadster. That being said only have it for 5 days now and not been on it for more then 600km yet :D

Back