Traction is good, didnt notice a y difference from Metzzlers

What bike you have??? You got ABS??? I read the older r3's locked up in the rear easily, man it's true, had to fast break in a circle, this guy didn't know if he was going straight or through the circle, found out last minute he was going through the circle and almost bit it going into the turn and back tire Bridgestone Exedra Max radial worn out was waiting to get new one's installed, locked up for about 10 feet and let off, Scarry just started riding again after about 40 years without anything real, a little rusty but man I didn't put much pressure on the back break cause I read they were touche. Man the front brakes are easy to replace, didn't get to the back yet I have a little bit of time but I'm going to do it really soon, looks a little tougher, have to Jack it up and pull the axial back and take the caliper off, doesn't look terrible, but I know it won't be fun in the heat, I changed the fluid in the front too, the bike is new to me don't know when it was done last, I got the beak pads from eBay made in China called Sixity ceramic for the back and organic for the front, about $30 all together, OEM was about $70 a piece, $140 total front and rear, and Triumph dealership wanted $350 to do the brakes pads included, I just spent $900 for them to do the tire's Metzelers and find out here they avg about 5,000 miles. Changed the gear oil in the final drive too, put Mobil delvac Hypoid 75/90W synthetic gear oil, had to get a gallon off Amazon $53, the only place I could find a quart was Walmart delivery didn't offer pickup all together about $26 so I went for the gallon, will be able to change it 21 time's I figure, going to change again soon cause I don't know what was in there but it didn't smell or look like synthetic, it was as Black as the bike and smelled like 90w gear oil, the manual says to use mobilube shc fully synthetic hypoid gear oil 90/95w not too sure if I have the weight right but I googled it and looked on the Mobil website and couldn't find it, heard mentioned here about the Delvac and read reviews on Amazon good to 500⁰f, sounds good to me I like mobile products, asked the dealership about it they said they use motul 75/90w synthetic gear oil V-Twins. it seems a little smoother now, less vibration, not that there's very much at all, I got Iridium plugs 6 to replace the stock, I don't know if it will make a difference in running, it runs good, but the old ones are about 1/2 worn out and nothing but the best for my baby, don't want to neglect her and she leaves me stranded, bought all used backup sensor's on pinwall and ebay, they were so cheap I couldn't pass them up, tip over, 3 MAP, and 2 speed used one sensor. I'm going to spray either carb cleaner or break cleaner in the MAP sensor so I saw 3 MAP sensors for like $15 and figured what the heck just in case I mess it up, I seen a guy on YouTube do it to a car so I figured why not I'll tell you how it works out right before I balance the TB, and adjust the TPS got the Lonelec cable with USB-C adapter from the UK with advice from the forum and got the tuneECU android APP, already saved the original map, can't wait to make adjustments and see what I come up with, wish me luck cause I've never done it before, this time I read all the directions and advice I could, well almost, I'm sure I can kill a dead horse, hahaha 😂 just a saying I'm not going to sacrifice any animals I don't kill living things that don't do me any harm, mosquitoes yes, horses no. Then when I get a decent paycheck, it's been up and down with this covid-19, had a bad 3 or 4 weeks, I'll get the de-cat crossover pipe!!👍 The only one I have found is $150 + $70 shipping from Poland, stainless, looks good, it's worth $220 to me to get rid of the cat, I already put the K&N airbox filter in, why do they make that so tight I took the tank off thought it was blocking it, had to loosen up the airbox mounts to get the old one out and the new one in. Changed the coolant put Peak Final Charge Global in it, Final Charge Coolant - PEAK it's a has all the requirements OAT formula, no silicates, safe for aluminum, I paid about $20 I think at the auto parts store, just found out in a search amazon has it almost half that. It's amber in color and a 50-50 mix and the bike holds about a gallon, I spilled some and have a couple Oz's left, I flushed the system out with regular water, it was clean in there, the used stuff was a little off color of greenish brownish, would have been really quick if I didn't drop the system bleed bolt behind the TB's and oil tank, I'll see if it's there when I adj the TB's, but I bought new ones not exactly 12mm long, put a zink 6mm 10mm long and very carefully tighten it till I get the new one I ordered from Triumph about $8 with crush washer but it's non magnetic SS which really made it impossible to get out of wherever it was, and probably chrome. I learned to put some clay bar I had laying around to put the next one in, good pointer, can save you hour's of time trying to find a lost bolt that's not magnetic, filled it up and the overflow box, and took a couple ride's before I checked and the radiator was full but the overflow box was empty, filled it to the Max line. I left Florida, was in Melbourne!!! What part you in??? Back in colts Neck NJ and happy got rid of the X down there, best move I ever made, it's nice down there but too hot for me I don't work in AC my job is always outside of AC. I'll probably retire down there though, I go back a few times a year got 2 grown up kid's there that I love very much. The X tried to come back and we all said no. Well happy riding 👍😌

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Touring, no abs, rear locks up really easily , I've seen people ask about rear brake upgrades, that's doing mods just for mods sake, I can't imagine a y reason to add rear wheel stopping power.

I have a Touring, no abs, rear locks up really easily , I've seen people ask about rear brake upgrades, that's doing mods just for mods sake, I can't imagine a y reason to add rear wheel stopping power.
No but wish I could add ABS at least to the back, front not a problem yet, took a little time to bleed the whole line after changing fluid just used Prestone dot 4 synthetic I think, got it at auto part's store, hey FYI if you put stuff in your cart at Advanceautoparts.com and wait a while in the same day about within a hour they will send you a 25% or 20% off coupon code. But you have to sign up just give them an e-mail maybe other info, I like it, you have to give them 30 minutes to pick it up, but they will have it waiting there, unlike a Lady I hate shopping, most of mine is online, I know what I want and go right to it. Sometimes a good Deal but if you can wait for delivery I found Amazon to be pretty competitive pricing if you have Prime free shipping or they both have spend I think $35 on Amazon and $75 Advance and advance you get same day shipping, Amazon a little longer at least 2 days, You have any preferences on break pad material, I bought made in China Sixity? Mixing organic on front & ceramic on rear? front one's look a little different I think 1channel cut going across in the front pad and 3 on the OME pad's, they are just for rain riding keep rotor drier and wear limit tell tail right? + I think the OME's had copper backing metal, and China one's Steel, I figured for $30 total front and back, if I don't like them I'll change back to OME. Just hope they stop okay all the time, and no overheating problems, I'm not racing and there's not many steep mountain's here so it should be okay. All my other bike's had steel backing plates, the only problem I see is they may not last as long as OME, but I can change them 5 times and still not spend as much as OME pad's, these are the pads I bought, front seem's to feel the same, maybe grab's a little higher up, old one's were really bad mechanic said had about a week left, past the wear out channel Front Organic Brake Pads 2004-2009 Triumph Rocket III Set Full Kit 2300cc ef | eBay & Rear Ceramic Brake Pads 2004-2009 Triumph Rocket III Set Full Kit 2300cc kh | eBay . Have you ever tried anything besides OME
Live To Ride Ride To Live, stay in control, be safe

Back