Kuryakyn Ellipse Mirror Install

Those look nice. They're almost identical to the mirrors I had on my '89 Springer.

Btw, anytime a mirror discussion/field of vision discussion comes up, I'm reminded of one of the first (when Fonzy WAS cool) Happy Days episodes.

Fonzy sitting on his bike - "Cunningham"

Cunningham - "Yeah Fonz"

Fonzy adjusting his mirrors - "Up or down"

Cunningham - "What do you mean"

Fonzy - "Up or down?!, what looks cooler"

Cunningham - "Down"

Fonzy - "That's what I thing too, but I see better with them up"

Cunningham - "Well, you should definitely have them up then"

Fonzy then adjusts them down and tightens the nuts.

Cunningham - "I thought you could see better with them up"

Fonzy - "I can, but they look cooler down. Besides, who needs to see where they've already been"

lol

Got my mirrors delivered today. The arseholes sent me the Kury LED mirrors with the flat glass instead of the convex glass. I emailed them to send the convex mirrors overnight to get them here Wednesday before I leave early Thursday.

Hey! Where are you guys (who've installed these mirrors) hooking the wiring into to get the running lights working? Would you please provide wire locations and wire colors to tap into? I won't have alot of time to wire them up so I would appreciate the help.;)

You sure you want to just use them for running lights? They work great for getting rid of the front turn signals all together.

Last edited:
They sent me the wrong (flat glass) mirrors so I will find them later on and yes I want to use both the running and turn signals. I believe they will perform both functions

Yes, they have the capability ... I hooked up the wires to see what they looked like and went with using both "bulbs" to get a brighter signal flash. If your kit didn't come with the resistor pack to slow down the flash, the electronic load equalizer makes alot less heat to deal with.

I had a very annoying ride to work this morning. Tried to adjust my left stock mirror on my '08 classic and it broke off in my hand...it felt awful lite. After I stopped and looked closely I discovered the factory mirror housing is chrome plated PLASTIC. The socket is barely an eight-inch thick.

So...are the Kuryakyn mirror housing plastic or metal? I have to go buy some replacements and I'm not giving Triumph more money to replace something they cheaped out on.

Back