TriumphR3Newb

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic
Has anybody installed a keyless ignition on their Rocket? My bike has this nice batwing fairing but it makes access to the ignition a little tricky and tight. I was thinking about a keyless system like Digital Guard Dawg. Anybody installed something like this and have issues or was everything good?

Has anybody installed a keyless ignition on their Rocket? My bike has this nice batwing fairing but it makes access to the ignition a little tricky and tight. I was thinking about a keyless system like Digital Guard Dawg. Anybody installed something like this and have issues or was everything good?
Got one of @DEcosse keyless ing on mine and love it.

Encourage everyone to search the forum first. @TriumphR3Newb there is a search window in the upper right, and entering "keyless" in there will get you a good dose of accumulated knowledge on the topic.

The short of it, for most folks here, is per the two previous posters - the unit is plug-n-play.

You might want to spend some time researching the 300 or so (I made up that number) modifications folks have made to the Rocket, and come up with your own list -- research those, and have fun dreaming, then doing. Of course, along the way, keep the questions coming, share you experiences in word and photos, and life will be good.

DEcosse's system is brilliant, but if you want a redneck method, check my signature. If I were doing it again though, I would use the DEcosse system.

I have a @DEcosse keyless ignition and it's the best! Omg, can't imagine an R3 without it! AND he is a guru on it and can walk you thru the install even for a newbie like me! Love it! Well worth every $!!!

I installed my DeCosse Keyless Ignition about a week ago (the day prior to riding to Laconia, NH Bike Week). I LOVE HAVING THIS SOOOOOO MUCH!!!
It so nice to just walk up to my bike, set the Kill switch to run, Pull the clutch in and press the starter button. Although, I did end up forgetting my bikes key in the seat release key hole while I drove away, big Ooops, but i remembered in time, stopped, and placed my key in my pocket. That's the only bad thing.

Back