Is Narrower better

well I have not done mind altering drugs in a lot of years but I do remember sitting in Peoples park chewing the fat and smoking a spleaf with Jerry Garcia:cool: Man the **** I seen in them days wasn't there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Hell, Hans, at least Scott has a legitimate excuse, i.e., that he's addicted to it. Poor bastid's got a monkey on his back, he does, and me and Art (IFT) hope to get his scrawny butt back to our part of the world this summer to help "rehabilitate" him, if you know what I mean (drag strips, hopped up cars and titty bars).;)

You, on the other hand, well, you're just nucking futs. Prolly the result of looking at to much poontang on those Ozzie beaches.

Tar size

Not reading the whole thread, but the touring being the bigger bike, has a narrower tire, because they handle better. They sure don't look near as good. The dude running 42lbs of air, wow, be careful. Unless your very skilled and into drifting ya might want to drop down 15 or so.
Good Luck
Kid

I just purchased a 06 R3 that came with a 225 /50 on the rear. It has taken a couple of days and some back roads but I am getting use to it.
Now for the dumb question. Would a narrower tire like the 205 be better at over all handling, and cornering. Or would it be to slim.
Thanks in advance
Mick
Hey Micksan, look at this video on You Tube. Dark Side road test on a ZX-14. It shows how a wide tire grips. Great on the straightaways but rides the edge in corners. All a matter of what you want.
Kid

Oh, Hell, Hans, at least Scott has a legitimate excuse, i.e., that he's addicted to it. Poor bastid's got a monkey on his back, he does, and me and Art (IFT) hope to get his scrawny butt back to our part of the world this summer to help "rehabilitate" him, if you know what I mean (drag strips, hopped up cars and titty bars).;)

You, on the other hand, well, you're just nucking futs. Prolly the result of looking at to much poontang on those Ozzie beaches.

Nah.... it's from looking at your avatar, bouncing tits....... get the blood presure up that!!! and as you said living 5 min walk from beach not to mention catching 4ft shark from my 13ft sit on sea kayak I do like a bit of excitement
........................................................................................................................... but I see by the post by TheKid you have managed to drag me right of topic
Sorry Guys:eek:
So I will say this THE NARROWER TYRE WILL PROBALLY GIVE A LESS EXPERIENCED RIDER MORE CONTROLL BUT MY 245/55/16 Toyo run at 36psi WILL HANDLE FAST CHANGE OF DIRECTION WITH NO PROBLEM it comes back to your skills overall as a rider and as TheKid mentioned try starting at a lower pressure say about 28psi and work your way up and for ch...t's sake listen to your butt, if it don't feel good it probally ain't, also practice using your whole body as previously described when steering and you will be riding with the best of them before you know it.
Cheers
Hans

Hey Micksan, look at this video on You Tube. Dark Side road test on a ZX-14. It shows how a wide tire grips. Great on the straightaways but rides the edge in corners. All a matter of what you want.
Kid
hey where's the link

Not reading the whole thread, but the touring being the bigger bike, has a narrower tire, because they handle better. They sure don't look near as good. The dude running 42lbs of air, wow, be careful. Unless your very skilled and into drifting ya might want to drop down 15 or so.
Good Luck
Kid

Not sure what reference to 42 lbs you are talking about, Kid.:confused:

42 lbs is the recommended inflation for the rear Metzeler.

15lbs of pressure on any kind of rear tire on an R3 will get you in trouble or much worse very quickly.:eek:

Please, can you clarify what you were trying to say?

Hey Phill he refering to post #4 1st page the guy's running a narrow darkside at 42psi now in future don't be lazy and read the whole thread:p.
By the wayI was thinking about what you said I asume you are refering to his need for speed well I'm addicted to the need to go hard in the twisties both = madness, I worked out a common denominater Warp looks after Criminals (Prison Guard) while I look after people with Dementia (Aged Care Nurse), we both look after people who can't really look after themselves out in the real world and our addiction is our release. Wouldn't you say thats pretty close Warp;)
I nearly became a prison guard when I was younger, was accepted passed all the tests then let my first wife talk me out of it (she didn't want to move to country) :confused:yeah I was knucklehead anyway that was then

I did try to read the whole thread in order to find The Kid's reference - thanks for citing it, Hans.

Kid, your advice is still very wrong and quite dangerous. Generally speaking, most Darksiders never use less than about 15 lbs pressure and more usually they'll run a couple lbs north or south of 30 lbs mostly depending opon the size and preference of the rider.

I ran on the Darkside to the tune of about 30,000 miles on my VTX 1800s and for about 7K miles on my Rocket. Like hanso, I am a hard charger who loves to seek out and slay the twisties. YouTube - Yippie Ki Yay Mother ****er

Back