Is Narrower better

Other than for not ever having owned a sportbike nor ever having been a knee-dragger, always preferring to keep both wheels on the ground, not being a big fan of passing vehicles in the middle of blind curves and an abiding preference for riding on the right hand (i.e., proper) side of the road... Yeah, nolton, that's about how I ride.:p I'm an aggressive rider, but I'm not crazy, careless or stupid (at least, not most of the time!).:D

Hey Warp, I'm running Avon Cobras front and rear and loving them. Just writing what I've observed. I'm not convinced about putting a car tyre on a bike but that's me. They appear to work just fine and the people I've met using car tyres are all sensible souls. I respect them and their decision - as well as their decision to exercise their own free choice. And without exception, they respect my decision. I doubt anyone using a car tyre on their bike would say it is better than a bike tyre in every respect. I would say that they've weighed up the pros and cons and CTs suit their needs.

I reckon some people would say that fitting a blower to a bike not designed for one is similarly not a good idea because of the extraordinary stress and strain it puts on the rest of the drive train. Some might also say it's possibly even dangerous.

I don't know, so I don't judge. Instead, I say if it floats your boat and you're aware of the risks and can live with the compromises, do it.

Those Avon’s I found to be the best...

Back