Is it wrong? Quick poll...

Is it better to have one dedicated machine or get two totally different models?

• Total voters
I have been more active lately in educating myself as I research these wonderful machines. I had a hard choice in deciding what model to acquire and now that I have my touring and am accessorizing it as such. With this ongoing it is also detrimental as I am considering options of adding a custom tour pack, batwing fairing, and pillion grab handles (fitting and fabricating myself) to fully dress it out for my long distance wishes with the misses. The detrimental part is that I am inadvertently getting away from the roomy high powered free spirited beast that initially attracted me to this machine. So I have been thinking as I have been researching, "Is it wrong to have more than one model of this bike?" I'm actually considering taking my time and dressing out my touring as fully and tasteful as I can and starting to look for a naked rocket. I really have no plans on looking at other manufacturers or models as none catch my interest. I come from the Harley world and still have my shakers but being tall these machines fit me much better. My intentions thus far will most likely take me to the opposite side of the spectrum meaning instead of the chromed out unlocked, quiet, factory looking, touring, sleeper to the blacked out, barking, naked, solo, road tearing machine that it will look and most likely be. Insurance is cheap, it's nice to have choices, and I find the naked rockets easy to find readily available. Am I becoming an addict? Maybe so, so which model of the naked variety will suit my needs? I really fancy the X but I am thinking it might be more fun just to mod, and paint my tins the way that feels right at the time. So am I wrong or am I being greedy?
Personally I would have garage full of bikes and cars if I could afford it and the wife would let me .
It seems to me the Triumph Rocket lll is a VERY underrated capable bike both at mega millage touring and as a naked muscle / street bike
If you have the dollars get two ....one life live it and all that !

I went both ways! I love riding the Rocket more but my Victory bagger tours way better and is so comfy!

Attachments

• IMG_8107.JPG
    IMG_8107.JPG
    372.6 KB · Views: 0
I had 9 bikes at one time. "Had" being the main word in that sentence. Since owning my Rocket I have sold most of them off. I now only have 2 bikes. The other is my 1998 Thunderbird Sport. Which I have not ridden since 2014. I'm only keeping it because it will become my vintage bike next year in 2018 so I can show it at the vintage club shows.

I had 2 Rockets one is my 2006 standard I bought new in 2007. I still have this one, it is in my avatar. The other was a 2006 Classic Tourer that I got from Indiana for $3000. I used it for my tuning comparison a few years ago. It came with $5200 worth of accessories on it. I took about $2500 of those accessories off it and put them on my Standard. I sold a few $$$ worth of some of the other accessories. I was going to keep it for a while but the local dealer offered me $6000 for it so I sold it. The point is I like riding the Rocket so much I'm not interested in riding the other bikes, so I sold them off. My son has a ZX14 slightly modded and dynode at 201 RWHP. I rode it twice. He also has a 1200 Bandit. Not interested. My other son has an SV650. I'd rather ride my Rocket. I take it on short local rides, long-haul touring and I take to the drag strip and the road course tracks.

DSC02975.JPG The last 4. Sold the 2 black ones on the right.

Last edited:
I currently have six bikes in my garage, shed just now five are mine and the HD is my pals who is overseas just now, nothing fancy couple of Rockets a Triumph adventurer and Honda Magna and a wee Honda Rebel all are fun bikes to ride.

I have been more active lately in educating myself as I research these wonderful machines. I had a hard choice in deciding what model to acquire and now that I have my touring and am accessorizing it as such. With this ongoing it is also detrimental as I am considering options of adding a custom tour pack, batwing fairing, and pillion grab handles (fitting and fabricating myself) to fully dress it out for my long distance wishes with the misses. The detrimental part is that I am inadvertently getting away from the roomy high powered free spirited beast that initially attracted me to this machine. So I have been thinking as I have been researching, "Is it wrong to have more than one model of this bike?" I'm actually considering taking my time and dressing out my touring as fully and tasteful as I can and starting to look for a naked rocket. I really have no plans on looking at other manufacturers or models as none catch my interest. I come from the Harley world and still have my shakers but being tall these machines fit me much better. My intentions thus far will most likely take me to the opposite side of the spectrum meaning instead of the chromed out unlocked, quiet, factory looking, touring, sleeper to the blacked out, barking, naked, solo, road tearing machine that it will look and most likely be. Insurance is cheap, it's nice to have choices, and I find the naked rockets easy to find readily available. Am I becoming an addict? Maybe so, so which model of the naked variety will suit my needs? I really fancy the X but I am thinking it might be more fun just to mod, and paint my tins the way that feels right at the time. So am I wrong or am I being greedy?
cheap insurance!! you are not living in BC I guess.

Of course there is a benefit to one owning multiple bikes. When the mood hits I can escape into the woods, there is a benefit. When The mood hits can hit the jumps, there is a benefit. When the mood hits I can wheelie all day, there is a benefit. When the mood hits I can roast a guy on a $40K CVO Street Glide, there is a benefit. And so on.....

Back