Is it wrong? Quick poll...

Is it better to have one dedicated machine or get two totally different models?

• Total voters
Welp, I've got two, my R3T and an Intruder....the Intruder is high miles, and while fun to ride...I might like another bike for blasting around town....but I wouldn't sell anything so....that would be number three!

Welp, I've got two, my R3T and an Intruder....the Intruder is high miles, and while fun to ride...I might like another bike for blasting around town....but I wouldn't sell anything so....that would be number three!
After 5 years in my new house I have finally realized that 3 motorcycles and a pneumatic lift will NOT comfortably fit in a standard garage (the truck and car are relegated to the outdoors) so my project for this spring/summer is to construct a new detached garage dedicated solely to motorcycles (and gear) in the back yard. I just got home from winter in Mesa,AZ where I keep a Gold Wing that I bought so I don't have to drag a bike back and forth every winter, but I DON'T consider that in my bike count. Yesterday I went into the garage and fired up my '08 Rocket, that I had only bought 2 days before I went south in October. I had turned it around for no particular reason when I got home, so the Cobra exhaust was facing the rear wall of the garage, part of the house! When I went back into the house, pictures were vibrating on the walls and ornaments on their shelves. The sound it was making was orgasmic! When the forecast shows fit to ride for 3 consecutive days I'll insure it and head out for our first ride (a kind of 'bonding'). I hope it lives up to my expectations because I LOVE looking at this beast but won't own a bike that I don't like to ride (have sold bikes for that reason). To the point, owning multiple bikes is NOT a matter of 'need' but rather 'want', and the number you own is directly related to your financial condition AND the space you have (I'm single so 'happy wife-happy life' isn't a factor). My '12 Explorer has taken me to Alaska and South America, my '08 Gold Wing across Canada, US and Mexico, and my Rocket is waiting to take me ??? The guy that dies with the most toys wins!

Back