Is it wrong? Quick poll...

Is it better to have one dedicated machine or get two totally different models?

• Total voters
The Rocket is my second bike. I also have a 2005 America. Wife and I want to do some long distance trips and the America is great on two lane roads, but not an interstate bike.

After I get the Rocket where I want it I will have to find a good reason for number 3.

My first motorcycle purchase was two OSSA 250 enduros. One was a parts bike and the other I attempted to race; I was 15.
Over the years, I have had several different bikes at one time usually a mixture of dirt and street. My next addition is planned to be a Ural 2-wheel drive hack bike so I don't need to stop riding in the snow and ice.
The idea of having two Rockets is quite appealing to me as well. My R3T is great for my long trips and scooting to work, but having a shorter wheel base, less heavier Rocket is cool too. I cemented that idea when I rode the R3C out in Arizona a couple of years ago. If I had the additional lighter Rocket, I would be a happy fellow. With all that said, I am a single bike rider at present, but time will tell...

I cannot say that either way is prefferable, I have been on both sides of this question and both ways have their merits

Here in Quebec its an 800.00 ( 1000.00 + US ) per bike per year. Up till last week I had 4 bikes, sold 3 in 5 days. I can now use that money for a good road trip this summer. and yes I've already started looking for a winter rebuild project. Barney

72 Hrs later
Just bought 2 bikes " barn find " to put together during the long winter months coming. Its true its hard owning just one bike. I bad

Last edited:
Back