Interesting "what's it like?" rider report 2021 Rocket R3

He initially named the vid "living with a Rocket" and renamed it later, after some guys (myself included) pointed out that he is actually not living with a Rocket as he does not own one (ok, I am guilty for being anal in this respect).
This is the guy who had initially ordered a Rocket and then stepped back from his purchase b4 the bike was delivered. There was a "buyers remorse" vid where he lamented about the bike not living up to his expectations in the showroom. He deleted that video later, saying Triumph had requested him to do that. Lots of BS, in my view and not very credible.
How do I know this? I watched each and every Rocket-related video while waiting for my Rocket 3 ... a partly traumatic experience.

It's quite clear to me he never owned an older rocket and did not have a chance to "get used to" the bike- read " appreciate it".
And I believe new R3 is NOT really suitable for somebody who rides 600 or similar bikes. But he is entitled to his opinion.
but definitely does not put me off.

A good video but in the end it is entirely subjective. Comfort is purely a matter of opinion and in my opinion, coming from the world of Ducati superbikes, the Rocket is quite comfortable while sacrificing next to nothing in raw performance.

To be sure, the Rocket might be tough to justify for some in the way that a Porsche or Ferrari isn’t for everyone. Not a thing wrong with that. For me however, I think it’s the sexiest thing on two wheels and I grin from ear to ear each time I ride it. That’s justification enough for me.

Back