Interesting "what's it like?" rider report 2021 Rocket R3

tgessner

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3R
He initially named the vid "living with a Rocket" and renamed it later, after some guys (myself included) pointed out that he is actually not living with a Rocket as he does not own one (ok, I am guilty for being anal in this respect).
This is the guy who had initially ordered a Rocket and then stepped back from his purchase b4 the bike was delivered. There was a "buyers remorse" vid where he lamented about the bike not living up to his expectations in the showroom. He deleted that video later, saying Triumph had requested him to do that. Lots of BS, in my view and not very credible.
How do I know this? I watched each and every Rocket-related video while waiting for my Rocket 3 ... a partly traumatic experience.

ArekDeBoss

Supercharged
Ride
rocket 3 roadster 2015 - 64 UK reg
It's quite clear to me he never owned an older rocket and did not have a chance to "get used to" the bike- read " appreciate it".
And I believe new R3 is NOT really suitable for somebody who rides 600 or similar bikes. But he is entitled to his opinion.
but definitely does not put me off.

Journeyman28778

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
'11 Rocket III Roadster
A Go Cart? I think this guy's threshold for excitement is pretty low. This must have been a big day for him and, as he said, he's just glad that he's "still alive." He'll probably be telling his grand kids about that day for years to come....

Last edited:

CrackShot

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket 3 TFC
A good video but in the end it is entirely subjective. Comfort is purely a matter of opinion and in my opinion, coming from the world of Ducati superbikes, the Rocket is quite comfortable while sacrificing next to nothing in raw performance.

To be sure, the Rocket might be tough to justify for some in the way that a Porsche or Ferrari isn’t for everyone. Not a thing wrong with that. For me however, I think it’s the sexiest thing on two wheels and I grin from ear to ear each time I ride it. That’s justification enough for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of R3Owners. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker for R3Owners.Net.

I've Disabled AdBlock