Interesting "what's it like?" rider report 2021 Rocket R3

He's a poser. He has to sing the tunes that his 10,400 followers want to hear - if he wishes to keep them and win more of the same. He has chosen a demographic, and now he needs to stick with that for his weekly analytics to remain in the green and take him to a spot where YouTube will float him. Sad actually, like a comedian, who has to make people laugh whenever they see him. They expect it of him, even if he does not feel like laughing himself or has run out of material, forcing him to pick on someone or something he can ridicule. That is one side of the coin.

The other side is the motorcycle journalist who praises each bike he tests or does a shootout without a clear winner. Manufacturers fly him all over the world, put him up in the best hotels, feed him, spoil him, let him ride their latest products and then bathe him in memorabilia that you cannot buy anywhere. Should he not do them proud, they will not invite him next year or next time. Perhaps even never again. So what does he do? Simply what he tells himself he has to do.

The fake has spread much wider than just the news, courtesy of our connected world. We must simply condition ourselves not to allow sh1t to rent space in our heads.
On the video that supposedly Triumph made him take down he cancelled his order and absolutely slated everything about the Rocket. I left a note on his YouTube channel to this effect and the reply was “I have a new dealer now” ............ ????????

"Should you accidentally nudge the throttle the bike will take off"... isn't that the point? I prefer bikes that I don't have to ask nicely to please accelerate. Also what a painfully boring video. The same 10 second clip of him entering a roundabout, spliced with slow-mo pans of the stationary bike, and a voice that should be reading "Goodnight Moon". Snooze.

"Should you accidentally nudge the throttle the bike will take off"... isn't that the point? I prefer bikes that I don't have to ask nicely to please accelerate. Also what a painfully boring video. The same 10 second clip of him entering a roundabout, spliced with slow-mo pans of the stationary bike, and a voice that should be reading "Goodnight Moon". Snooze.
My thoughts exactly. Wonder what other content got him all those followers. My mailman is far more engaging on a daily basis and he brings the bills.

Back