Insurance in Ontario, Canada

Adriano

.060 Over
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Touring
To all riders in Ontario, Canada (yes, I know, to the handful :) )
what insurance companies are you guys with?
i've been getting quotes all over the place... some expensive, some crazy expensive! :)

Cheers!

Wawanesa, I pay $1050 for the RIII T and the same for my R3GT, thats full coverage, and 650 for the Harley for liability, they won't give me full coverage on that one until i get it appraised
Riders Choice may also give you a decent rate, most of my M1 students do pretty well with them as well, what area are you in, if your in Brampton, good luck, they have the highest insurance rates in North America

Wawanesa, I pay $1050 for the RIII T and the same for my R3GT, thats full coverage, and 650 for the Harley for liability, they won't give me full coverage on that one until i get it appraised
Riders Choice may also give you a decent rate, most of my M1 students do pretty well with them as well, what area are you in, if your in Brampton, good luck, they have the highest insurance rates in North America
Hi Frosty, thank you for your recommendation. I'll try Wawanesa! I am in Etobicoke.... kinda close to Brampton :D..
the brokers I spoke to so far claim I should not have cancelled my previous insurance when I sold my previous bike... (that's September last year). I can't wrap my head around why having insurance on a vehicle I don't actually own anymore... you gotta love insurance companies ...
I'll reach out to Wawanesa, let's see what they come back with. I see they only work through brokers.

Update: so I got quoted at $1390 just liability ... which, so far is the best one...

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi Frosty, thank you for your recommendation. I'll try Wawanesa! I am in Etobicoke.... kinda close to Brampton :D..
the brokers I spoke to so far claim I should not have cancelled my previous insurance when I sold my previous bike... (that's September last year). I can't wrap my head around why having insurance on a vehicle I don't actually own anymore... you gotta love insurance companies ...
I'll reach out to Wawanesa, let's see what they come back with. I see they only work through brokers.

Update: so I got quoted at $1390 just liability ... which, so far is the best one...

Cheers!
what class of license are you, and how long have you held that class, and their reasoning for keeping a policy running is, if you stop a bike policy because you sold the bike or it is winter, or whatever reason and you don't replace it with something, you just let it go for months, you start over as being new policy holder, instead of picking up where you left off with the previous bike. If you get rid of one, but tell them you are replacing it with something else, this buys you about a month or you will start new again.
It sucks, it's the biggest legal scam in the country, but unfortunately the "Man" won't step in and doing anything about it, so they keep jacking us up every year. For many people who own the Liter sport bikes, they are getting cancellation notices at their renewals, companies don't want to deal with those bikes anymore. And many companies now, if you haven't taken the M1 course, they aren't touching you.

Regarding my Roadster, I am with Allstate for around $1200 full coverage but it is bundled with some other items bringing total bike portion down. I checked Riders a year ago and they were closer to $1500. TD used to be around $1200 but they skyrocketed last year close to $1600. Deeks insurance wouldn't insure anything over 2000cc???? Staying with Allstate for now but always looking.

Regarding my Roadster, I am with Allstate for around $1200 full coverage but it is bundled with some other items bringing total bike portion down. I checked Riders a year ago and they were closer to $1500. TD used to be around $1200 but they skyrocketed last year close to $1600. Deeks insurance wouldn't insure anything over 2000cc???? Staying with Allstate for now but always looking.
That seems high for Timmins, especially since your riding season is so short, when i moved from Timmins to Scarbage (east Toronto) my insurance almost doubled, but our riding season is almost year round here, Jan, Feb, and March can be a bit sketchy, but we usually get a few days each month that we can ride, you just stay out Brampton, doesn't matter what season it is, you just stay out of Brampton

Thanks Gregger, bundling would have been my first option. But we have a very good deal with AVIVA for everything else via perks from my wife's workplace. AVIVA will not insure these bikes though... I tried Riders too, they came in at over 1500

what class of license are you, and how long have you held that class, and their reasoning for keeping a policy running is, if you stop a bike policy because you sold the bike or it is winter, or whatever reason and you don't replace it with something, you just let it go for months, you start over as being new policy holder, instead of picking up where you left off with the previous bike. If you get rid of one, but tell them you are replacing it with something else, this buys you about a month or you will start new again.
It sucks, it's the biggest legal scam in the country, but unfortunately the "Man" won't step in and doing anything about it, so they keep jacking us up every year. For many people who own the Liter sport bikes, they are getting cancellation notices at their renewals, companies don't want to deal with those bikes anymore. And many companies now, if you haven't taken the M1 course, they aren't touching you.
I am an M holder since 2013 ... clean record ... at least Wawanesa doesn't care about the gap in insurance coverage so I'll put them at the top of the list. Going with 1 mil liability only anyway.
I despise insurance... we had a sewage backup at the previous house and the claim followed us for seven years... even though it was deemed as an infrastructure issue and the city being responsible... kept the premium up even for the current house, they said the flag is following me and does not stay with the house o_O

Last edited:
I am an M holder since 2013 ... clean record ... at least Wawanesa doesn't care about the gap in insurance coverage so I'll put them at the top of the list. Going with 1 mil liability only anyway.
I despise insurance... we had a sewage backup at the previous house and the claim followed us for seven years... even though it was deemed as an infrastructure issue and the city being responsible... kept the premium up even for the current house, they said the flag is following me and does not stay with the house o_O
Well of course it does, how else are they going to justify insane premiums. When i went with Wawanesa i had to take a house policy, that was $200, but it saved me $200 on my Virago and $1000 on my Goldwing,

Back