Insurance in Ontario, Canada

I was with riders a few years ago, at that time they had three insurance companies,Echelon was the only one that would carry the 2300cc. My buddy is a partner in an insurance firm,bundled my house,truck and bike, it was Wawanesea that had the best price by far.

Do you know of any insurance company who would insure a new comer? Would they accept UK no claim bonus confirmation? I'm determined to get another R3 ASAP since I can't bring my current with me but those quotes of over £4000 I have read about make me think if it's worth it. Maybe I should wait couple of years an build up Canadian no claim bonus? What do you think?
It may be worth getting some letter from the UK insurer to attest for your good-standing. Then try different companies here and see who recognizes that. The fist time I got bike insurance in Canada, the yearly premium was double the total value of the bike... It got a lot better after a few years though. Mind you, chances may be higher for UK based insurance to be acknowledged here...

Too bad you can't get an insurrance in France ! I pay 450€/year for my 2011 Roadster . But it's not a common insurrance compagny
It's the "Mutuelle des Motards" that us , french riders , had founded in mid's 80 years .

Craziness, just a couple hundred a year in NY, better still, move to Florida,no insurance requirements

Too bad you can't get an insurrance in France ! I pay 450€/year for my 2011 Roadster . But it's not a common insurrance compagny
It's the "Mutuelle des Motards" that us , french riders , had founded in mid's 80 years .
Here in the UK I have full comprehensive insurance for £250
Its Canada where they charge arm and a leg 😟

Just a "couple" of years away from that ;)
Wait until you realize you have to pay for whole year but can really only ride 7 months of it.

The insurance companies prorate it, so if you decide to cancel in October and pick it up again in the Spring, you'll save only a few bucks because they have prorated it for the summer months.

Back