Installing Heated Grips?

RocketJockey

.040 Over
I recently purchased a pair of heated Triumph grips for my 2007 Tourer. There were removed from a salvage bike with 2,000 miles on it. What I received was the two grips with a wire extending from each one with a metal circle connector on the end, and the thermostat with a cord and multiwire plug connector on the end of it. I have a friend that is quite mechanically savy that will attempt to install this for me this weekend and would liek to offer him as much reference as to where these connect as possible. Can anyone help me out here? I am not familiar with working on this bike at all so the more descriptive you can be the better. Thanks!!!

as i recall, mine came with a relay also. They were fairly easy to setup, hardest part was threading the tiny wires through the right places. Someone here may have a copy of the installation instructions, i'll look around.

idk said:
When I installed my heated grips I think that I put another wire which was easier to feed into the handlebars in first and tied it to the heated grip wires to pull them through. I think that I may have used a small hook as well.

It's Friday afternoon and my memory is fuzzy.

If you are having trouble getting the old grips off then try sliding a thin flat blade screwdriver in under them, squirting some WD40 in under them, and twisting them off. Clean the bars well before putting the new grips on.

Do you remember where the wires connected and what to?

idk said:
When I installed my heated grips I think that I put another wire which was easier to feed into the handlebars in first and tied it to the heated grip wires to pull them through. I think that I may have used a small hook as well.

It's Friday afternoon and my memory is fuzzy.

If you are having trouble getting the old grips off then try sliding a thin flat blade screwdriver in under them, squirting some WD40 in under them, and twisting them off. Clean the bars well before putting the new grips on.
Do you remember where the wires connected and what to?

there is a plug in under the tank and then you need to plumb the switch that came with it to the switch block on the fog lights. I think each set comes with the switch block as they both fit in the same one.

rbickford said:
RocketJockey said:
Thanks guys...gonna give it a shot over the weekend!

How'd it turn out. I just got a pair. :roll:

Well, its still not finished. Got the grip's on, ran the wire through the handlebars (use guitar string to fish it through) and thats it. I bought them on Ebay but they didn't send the harness So i still have to wire in the controller. Probably an hour of work left. After my ride yesterday io think I need to hurry up and do this. Its getting chilly.

once you have heated grips makes you wonder how you ride without them. Depends where you live ofcourse!

Back